The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Well I am off on holidays in about 10 days time woohoo! Can't wait, as Raglet said I too am over winter and I'm headed for Western Australia.........

how exciting, the wildflowers, the beach at sunset (apparently THE best sunset anywhere :) maybe ride a camel whilst I am there :rotfl:A walk in the wild gorge through a cave up to my knees in water and then down south to wine/cave/beach country with great scenery thrown in for good measure.

I am hoping this recharges my worn out batteries, it's my first real holiday for a very long time (you can't half tell ;) ) and I am braving it on my own. Will be visiting friends down south though.

I've done all my docs visits and they will be forgotten for 3 blissful weeks hopefully, I will worry about all that when I get back. Packing an arsenal of drugs to take with me :p and I can rest anytime I feel like it as I don't have to fit in with anyone :)

My only problem is which hat to take :lol: I have quite a few :hehe:

love to all,

Lily

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Wow Lily ;)

What an adventure! You sound all grown up braving a holiday on your own like that! :hehe: I hope you have a lovely time.:) You most surely deserve it.

Western Australia sounds like just the ticket. My daughter spent a good bit of her time in Australia in WA. She worked for a hotel in Broome for a couple of months and lived in a one person tent in a local field! The joys of youth! Of course I take it your accommodation will be more upmarket than that! :lol: She learned a new skill while she was there - cleaning bathrooms with a toothbrush! I kid you not! At least you know the hotels must be clean!

Have a ball!
Love
Joan:rose:

·
Inky
249 Posts
Lily

I hope you have a truly wonderful holiday.
You deserve it. As a moderator you are fabulous.

Enjoy
Sara
xxxxxx

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Lily,

I hope you really enjoy that and don't get overtired just trying to keep up with yourself :lol:

have fun,
Katharine

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Can I go too? :) That vacation sounds like it will be fabulous! And it's probably just what the doctor ordered...

Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hi Lily,

Have a lovely time and kiss the earth for me (well, not literally).

If you get a chance pop into Margaret river for some wine tasting:champagne:
and spoil yourself at every opportunity:blush:

X C X

·
Registered
580 Posts
have a wonderful time on your trip. and take the widest hat you have.:):)

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Dear Lily, Have a wonderful, carefree vacation! And take all your hats -- wear a different one for every day. Or for every mood. And if I were you, I'd buy a spectacular hat to wear for that sunset on the beach.

Enjoy!
Sunny

·
11,410 Posts
Hi Lily,

Wow that sounds like a wonderful, fun and exciting trip.:)

Have a great time and take pictures for us.:hehe:

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Lily,

Have a wonderful, relaxing trip.

Love,
Sandy

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Hi Lily :hello::wavesmile::hello:

I haven't spoken to you for so long now (i hope you remember me :wink2: )

Well it sure sounds like you have good plans for whilst you are away, i hope you really enjoy your jollies.

As for the hat situation i would take them all, you never know which one will look best with your outfit.

Try not to over do it (i know its easier said than done :rolleyes:), i really hope you have a fantastic time whilst you are away. Please look after yourself and don't do too much dancing :dancing: :dancing:.

Take good care of yourself, love n hugs :hug: Jo :hug:

·
Old Timer
1,601 Posts
I'm excited for you Lily! Sounds like a great plan for you to get out and enjoy some fresh air and company.

Don't forget the munchies and plenty to drink. :) I hope you got that kangaroo guard installed. :lol:

Since it's still winter there, you may want to take your umbrella hat. :rotfl:Drive carefully and have a great time!

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hey Lily,

How about one hat for each day of the week?:hehe:

Better yet, one for each day time and one for each night time.:wink2:

I sure hope you have a wonderful vacation with friends and you get to relax and enjoy.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Awwwww thanks you all so much. I haven't been around for a couple of days, organising things and then falling asleep on the lounge in between :rotfl:some holidaymaker I am going to be :wink2: It was lovely to read all your messages :love:

It's kinda tinged with sadness because my husband and I always planned to go over together some day (he used to live and work there for a few years) but we never made it before he was killed :( However...........I feel he would want me to go and so I am going :) and I am darnwell going to enjoy myself too :p

I am flying over Tom so hopefully won't need a kangaroo guard, it depends how high they jump :rotfl::wink2: and I hope the 4WD trip I am going on is well equipped with kangaroo guards :yes:

Cath I am going down to Margaret River on the last leg, Broome on the first and Perth in between. Have good friend in Margaret River who just happens to work at a winery :lol: I may never return :lol: Let's be honest one glass is my limit these days but hey I will be there for 4 days hehe.

Jo of course I remember you, how could I forget such a good friend :hug: hope things are ok with you.

Thanks once again for all your messages I haven't been that great lately and have had a lot of appt to sort out my stupid tremors/falls etc. and resurfacing symptoms but there will be more after I get back and they can wait:hehe: For now it's have fun and rest, have fun and rest.

love to you all, you make my day with all your support and caring for each other. We are so lucky to have this 'place'.

Lily

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh ps re the hats, I can't take ALL of them I need to leave room in that suitcase for Maia and our shopping expeditions :lol:

love
Lily

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Have a lovely trip Lily!

Looks like your just going to have to buy hats as and when on the trip whilst shopping with Maia!!

Lesley

1 - 20 of 25 Posts