The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone hope you are all doing well.:)

Not being around for a while has I've been trying to get on with it without much luck:(
Could I just ask for anyones advice on the following; Just been to another connective tissue disorder clinic yesterday (not diagnosed with a CTD though?) and they've said I have fibromyalgia (not sure about this diagnosis) along with IBS, urticaria and the skin biopsy I had came back has showing lymphocytic vasculitis of which they are questioning? I am so confused and clearly they are too.
The immunologist muttered under his breath I could have chronic idiopathic urticaria?(CIU) I can't seem to find anything about this so if anyone could shed some light:lol:

Also I have had a tremor in my right hand now for over a year along with frequent spasms in the same hand. The docs were so not interested. They said the spasms were probably an anxious reaction which is just nonsense! It happens for eg if I'm holding a cup of tea and it just locks. I don't see how this could be due to being anxious? Also I drop things all the time such has pegs, coins pens etc which is really frustrating but they are clearly not intersted in any of this.

Apparantly I have to start donig weights and I'll feel much better? :rotfl:They clearly think that because bloods aren't showing then my symptoms I must be making up. They did say I don't tick all the boxes therefore I feel they're not willing to commit to a diagnosis.

Oh when will all this make sense....

Thanks for letting me rant:hehe:

Mrs M x

Any advice on CIU would be much appreciated xx

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Hi Mrs M
I looked on the mayo clinic web site, look under hives & angioedema. It's something to do with the skin, i hope this is what you are looking for & it's helpful.
Hugs.

·
Registered
594 Posts
HI Mrs M,
Oh how blooming frustrating for you!!! I really do feel for you. I really hope that you can find a really nice empathetic doc who is willing to take the time to get to the bottom of things for you. Just try to keep plugging on and don't roll over and accept their answers or lack of answers when you know yourself things aren't right. It might take some more time but I am sure you will come up trumps eventually.

Good luck with everything.

Take Care

Cassie. :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hello Mrs M

I really appreciate your frustration, obviously a lot of us are going through the same thing. I also suffer from a tremor, but in my left arm. I have been told by my GP that it is an essential tremor, a term which I find rather amusing, as I do not consider it at all essential, more a pain in the posterior. I am often dropping and spilling things. I think it is dismissed so often as the medical profession consider it to be a minor affliction.

I'm sorry I can't help with the CIU?

Just know you are not alone. We are all in the little boat trying to paddle on and mostly getting nowhere! If my throat wasn't so sore I would scream for you!

Take care

Regards

Star x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.