The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has tried the GI diet that was being trialled at St.Thomas's.If so,have you had any success with it?I am gaining weight at a rate of knots and will soon fit into nothing but my underwear:blush:I don't even have prednisone as an excuse!
Julsie

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Hi Julsie,

I am sorry I do not know anything about this diet... But I do relate to not fitting into any of my clothes... I have gained forty two pounds in the last five years... and I feel like the good year blimp... I am going on the weight watchers diet... I know it is something I can live with... I gained ten pounds since christmas ... I know this was because I could not walk because of a foot problem... So tomorrow is the day... Wish me luck...
And I wish you the best of luck... Tell me how you make out with this new diet...

Love Penny

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Gosh Julsie

I can also realte to the gaining a lot of wieght in like eight months or so but before i gained it i lost like thirty pounds then went back up like fifty pounds in like eight months and also do not take prednsone either.

I am sorry but i have not heard of that diet either but sure wish i knew of one.I am sure someone will come along and help you with it.Good luck to you and to you also penny.It is so not easy to get rid of it as we get older.

Tammy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry, I haven't heard of that diet but I too have gained weight. I was on prednisone in addition to quitting smoking and gained 35 pounds. I am no longer taking the prednisone and was able to lose 15 pounds but can't seem to lose the last 20. Good luck to all of you.

Lori

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hi Jules,
I've put on some tonnage too. i'm on pred but to be honest I'm no stranger to the fridge:blush:

There is a patient's story on the Tommies website that gives a good response to the GI diet but that's all I know.
It is generally considered to be a good way of eating whatever your diagnosis.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hi julise

I haven't tried the GI diet but good luck with it! :luck:

I am in the same boat as you all regarding weight... I have gone up two sizes over the last year :eek: & I'm feeling a bit fed up over it :sad: and I'm getting fed up of being told I look fine too! :lol::rolleyes:

I can usually lose weight quite quickly but it's just doesn't seem to be happening :mad:
maybe my age has caught up with me :hehe:

never mind,it could be worse :) sorry to moan!
love karen x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts