The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,191 Posts
Hi Lola,

I looked it up and did'nt see where they were not allowed to move. They have to stay in the lab and get their blood rechecked.

The glucose tolerance test is done in several steps. When you arrive at your doctor's office or lab, a member of your health care team will take a sample of blood by pricking your fingertip or inserting a needle into a vein in your arm. This blood sample will be used to measure your fasting blood sugar level.
If you're being tested for type 2 diabetes, you'll drink about 8 ounces (237 milliliters) of a syrupy glucose solution that contains 2.6 ounces (75 grams) of sugar. The glucose solution is often cola- or orange-flavored. Two hours later, your blood sugar level will be measured again.
If you're being tested for gestational diabetes, you'll drink about 8 ounces (237 milliliters) of a glucose solution that contains 3.5 ounces (100 grams) of sugar. Your blood sugar level will be tested again one, two and three hours later.
After drinking the glucose solution, you'll likely need to remain in the doctor's office or lab while you're waiting for your blood sugar level to be tested. After the glucose tolerance test, you can return to your usual activities immediately.
I found it here.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/glucose-tolerance-test/MY00145/DSECTION=what-you-can-expect

I hope this helps your friend.

Love,
Lyn

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.