The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
JellyJazz
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I'm off to see an OT tomorrow mainly to get custom made wrist splints for arthritis-lupus related.

I'm in a flare now and am on steroids and am pretty much house bound as the lupus has effected my leg muscles (i start hydro and physio next week).

What sort of thing do OT's do and what questions should i be asking them?

Holly

·
JellyJazz
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well i went today - bit of a emotional rollarcoaster but it was all positive in the end. I got two lots of splints that are working splints - one for general use and ones for driving and in 3 weeks i go back as they are gonna make me resting splints and also mould some for me to use when i play my instruments - im a musician!

I'm also going to see a phycologist about dealing with lupus and life and other people and they are gonna teach me how to pace myself and also some relaxation excerises. Has anyone else been to see oen of these?

I'm relieved that i am getting some help with dealing with it now - i thought i had accepted it well but i realise now i'm finding it harder than what i will admit so hopefully this is me on the road to being positive and getting my life back together!

I also start hydro next week and that HAS to be relaxing!

Thanks for all your replies! xxx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.