TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
I think I have decided to pull $75 out of my next paycheck and go see the Dr. I guess I want to know his thoughts. I'm scared he'll dismiss my symptoms again though.

Any advice on how to approach this? I am going to write a list of the symptoms I have right now... I don't get a "rash" on my face at the moment, so much as a "flush". I've heard Lupus rashes can be wildly different though... so should I take a photo anyway? (it's usually worse at night, or actually when I'm at work under the florescent lights... don't know if that means anything...)

I also heard that different blood labs can get different results for testing ANA. Has anyone experienced this?

I'm really nervous and haven't totally decided what to do yet. The pain has been so bad it's been keeping me awake every night and I'm just feeling so... crazy!!

Shufu :blush:

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I would go and review your symptoms, and bring any pictures you have showing the facial rash/redness. If, at the end of the appointment, you feel as if you have been dismissed or the doctor hasn't brought up running and blood tests on you, then I would ask if an autoimmune cause for your symptoms has been considered.

You can ask for some testing to be done to rule that in or out as a possibility, and the ANA test is the one that should be done initially. Many times they will also check some basic measures of inflammation like CRP and ESR, and do some other blood tests as well. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Hi:

My butterfly is more like a blush on my cheeks, nose and forehead (includes eyelids on occasion), also in the vee of my neck its even redder than on my face. It is not always raised but it can be warm to the touch...although not always.

Have you reviewed the section in the not diagnosed section that has the

AMERICAN COLLEGE of [COLOR=#8e8e8e! important][COLOR=#8e8e8e! important]RHEUMATOLOGY[/COLOR][/COLOR] CLASSIFICATION CRITERIA FOR SLE

here is the link

http://www.thelupussite.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33123

This may help you when making your list of symptoms for the Dr.

Good Luck - Stephanie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts