TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car was stolen on Monday from work, as many of you already know.

Well, I got a phone call from the police in Hamilton (a small city about 1 hour 40 minutes south of here) that they have found my car dumped at the university there. The ignition is pulled out surprise surprise, but it is otherwise undamaged. I totally didn't expect to get it back, I just got really really lucky. I had the whole world telling me that imprezza's get stolen for parts and that I would never see it again.

YAY!!!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY !!!!!!!!!!!!

Meanwhile I am driving a friends mg convertible, which is lots of fun but my walker doesn't fit in it. My walker is at work, so I am just using the horrible crutches another friend lent me (she agrees, they are awful, they are just the wrong shape and the cuffs bite into my arms). But, I am so grateful to have friends who lend me crutches and cars, and I am definitely NOt complaining.

I don't know who was more happy about finding the car - me or my mum !

Anyway, I talked to the salvage yard who has it, and they said there was 'stuff' in it, so I am hoping that it is my wheelchair cushion and footplate, my walker basket and tray, and my crutches.

I was going to go and buy some new crutches today, but I figure I should just make do with the horrible ones until I get my car back, hopefully in a few days time. Fingers crossed my crutches will be in there, if not I still have time to get a new set before I head for Canada.

My insurance is handling it all, and will retrieve the car so I don't have to go down there and pick it up. When I spoke to the salvage yard it hadn't been finger printed yet, and it has to be transported up here and have the ignition fixed. It's now Friday night, so I guess that the ignition probably won't be done until Monday. Now I know it is safely locked up in a yard and headed home, I can happily wait a few days. Particularly with a very cute convertible to drive in the meantime.

About time I had some good news !

thanks for all your support on this, it is really appreciated

raglet

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Woo flaming hoo! Excellent news to get just as Im flying out the door to work!

Im absolutely delighted for you Raglet!

Gotta rush
Love
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
:yahoo:

How excellent is that! I am so glad for you and hope all your gear is still there.
Brilliant !
You must be so excited by your Canadian trip.:foryou:

Many cheers
Clare

·
Registered
931 Posts
Raglet,

What wonderful news!!!!!!!! :bigsmile::excited:

Hope your things are in the car too.....!!!!! :fingers:

Have a marvellous time on your Canada trip1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hehe:

Zoi

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
HooRay!!!!

I am so glad you got your baby back, hopefully all your stuff is in it!

Stephanie

·
Registered
391 Posts
Raglet,

I believe in the power of positive thought and once again its come thru! It is so great to get your "family heirloom" back. Bet your mum is on cloud nine! How great that your insurance company is retreiving it for you! Makes life alot easier on you. Other than the starter I do hope all your things are intact, just as they were when you last saw them.

Congratulations!
Michelle

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hi Raglet!

what wonderful news! I'm so pleased for you! :woohoo::cheer2:

I'm sorry I must have missed your original post regarding your car :unsure: I'm shocked it was stolen, how despicable :grrr: I hope the thieves get their compeuppance!!!!!! what goes around comes around!!!

fingers crossed you get all your things back too raglet :luck: :fingers:
It sounds like someone has got rather attached to that convertabile though hmmmm :hehe:

please let us know how you get on monday.
take care
love karen x

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Yay!!!!! Wonderful news.

I read this quickly at work earlier and couldn't reply but I'm so so glad that your car has turned up relatively undamaged.

I should think that your "stuff" is still there, unless they thought the crutches would be a laugh, I don't see what they'd have done with it. Sounds like someone needed to get somewhere and didn't want to go by bus...

What a nice way to start the weekend, thinking of an emotional reunion with your car!!! So happy for you :)

Katharine

·
Registered
376 Posts
Katharine;512469 said:
Yay!!!!! Wonderful news.

...I should think that your "stuff" is still there, unless they thought the crutches would be a laugh, I don't see what they'd have done with it...
Katharine
A colleague at work was broken into at home and the thief store her night appliance for her teeth. She had TJM. For what purpose???? Just to tick her off??? However, she could be quite a nasty person, so maybe it was revenge!

Anyway, I sure hope all your stuff is in order.

Nutty

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
:spin::jump::dancing:YIPEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
You deserve to have this all work out for you, I think you have been through enough!
I loved Canada and I am sure you will too!!!!

Keep us posted as to what happens okay?

Have a safe and fabulous trip,
Becca:)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Yea!!! It just proves that this board has a lot of power in its positive thoughts! Really, really glad to hear you're getting the car back. Will keep my fingers crossed that your "stuff" is everything you need.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Brilliant news Raglet! :excited:I am soooooo pleased for you - goodness knows you needed some good luck!

Hope you have a great vacation.

Hugz, :hug:

Pam xxx

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
Wow, this was your lucky day. I am so glad everything worked out for you. Now you can concentrate on wrapping things up and getting ready for your trip.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
florie
589 Posts
So happy to know they found your car! And hope everything in it is still there.

Now you can unstress and know it's being taken care of.

Something similar happened to us long time ago. My mother-in-law to be was purchasing wedding gifts for us. She kept packing the trunk with the purchases she made. A television was in the trunk among other things. When she went to another store and came out with more purchases she realized the car was not there! She called the police and made the report. She was home crying and feeling terrible about it. An hour later the police dept. called her and said they located the car with the bandits in it. They were being investigated by the police for the car stalling out in traffic ,once the plate was called in the report was there, and since they hot wired the car they couldn't get to far for without the ignition in place. everything my mother-in-law purchased was still in the trunk. How lucky and happy she was. The theives never even knew what valuable s were in the trunk. Happy ending like you.
Hugs to you and glad you shared the happy news with us. Florie

·
11,405 Posts
Yahoooooooooooooo:yahoo::yahoo:
I am very happy for you Raglet!!

·
Registered
893 Posts
See this site sending out vibes is more powerful than anyone realises8).

I wonder if there will be thistles on the seats and onion debris ?. Quote claire:lol:

Whoo Hoooo Raglet

Nicky

·
Registered
7,732 Posts
Wow

With the current 'crime wave' in Auckland, I am surprised it was taken for a joyride too. Good to see you are able to get it back, but warning it will probbly be another two weeks before you get it back. Good luck and please Raglet, give it a good drive over 48 hours to check it does not have other problems, from a reckless driver.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Hi RAglet,

What great news that you are going to get your car back...It is too bad that there was some damage but it sounds like it is something that can fixed quite easily....I hope you have a great trip coming to our neck of the woods...
Where are you going in Canada...? I hope you have a great time...

Love Penny

1 - 20 of 22 Posts