TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i have just heard from the DLA and they have decided to amend their initial decision to deny me dla.

I am now on the lower rate...........its not much but it is more about the acknowledgement and any little helps!!!

So to all of those people still fighting appeals and tribunals....KEEP GOING, it is frustrating and depressing at times but we need to have this condition recognised in ALL its aspects and symptoms. The more we claim/appeal and win the easier it should be for the people that follow to claim and win (hopefully!).

Also.........i lost my ccg appeal like i said but i decided to put i another claim without waiting for the initial cooling off period and asked for different things like hand rails, bath seat, easier taps etc......im thinking that these things should be viewed as making MINOR adjustments to my bathroom and that should sway the decision inmy favour?????

Very cheeky i know but i have thought about this a lot and i am determined to prove that it isnt really about the "condition" in this case.....its WHAT you ask for and how it is viewed.

Lets see what happens............fingers crossed for me.:wink2:

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Good news indeed Chilli.

I hope it is some help - and as you say the confirmation that you have a disability is a psychological 'boost' :rolleyes:

X C X

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Great news chilli :dancing: ....I'm so pleased for you!

good luck with your other appeal etc :luck: If you don't ask you don't get :)

those 'minor' adjustment's can make such a big difference!..speaking from experience :wink2::)

take care & keep us posted
karen x

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Chilli,
Well I wish it was more for you, but as you say it is a help and acknowledges that you are ill. Hope you get lots of lovely back pay!
x Lola

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Hi Chilli i am so glad to hear that you got your dla i hope the rest of the things that you have asked for that you get them good luck Elisabeth

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Excellent news and congratulations chilli !:stretch:

Thanks for letting us know - it will encourage others to persist.

Cheers
Clare

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
That's great news Chilli :)

As you say, recognition is important and will continue to be for people who follow.

Katharine

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
great news chilli, and all the best with your other one too

Lin xx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts