The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) I received a letter from Social Sec., I was approved for s.s. benefits! I was so excited! Read my mail in Jewel parking lot (Picked up mail on way to store). I bought a few groceries in self check-out. When I got to my car, to put them away, I realized I left them in the store! Tom, hope you've had some good news, I know you've been waiting forever! Cathy

·
Jen
407 Posts
Congratulations! That is good news. A couple of questions for you if you don't mind. How often will they review your case for benefits to continue? Did you have to go to a hearing?

My private long term disability was approved yesterday (but with 3 month reviews). The long term disability company is filing for SSD for me through a third party representative. I don't know how it will all come out but it is helpful to know what others have been through.

Again, I'm happy to hear your good news. :)

I remember shopping at the Jewel with my mom growing up outside of Chicago, no Jewel's in NY.:)

·
11,409 Posts
:excited::woohoo::yahoo:

Congrats!

I am sure it is such a big relief for you Cathy.:)

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Great news Cathy :woohoo: thank goodness they had the sense to finally award it to you :foryou:

love
Lily

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
:excited::eleph::stretch::trampo::spin::woohoo:

What else can I say! :lol: Excellent news!

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It took 5 mos. (Was told it would take 2-3 mos) . I'm also on long term disability from my employer, but that will probably end now. I didn't have a hearing. I was lucky, approved on first application. Had to do tons of paperwork and see one of their docs. I will be reviewed in 3 yrs. Good luck to you both, Lisa and Jen!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts

WOO HOO Cathy

I am so excited for you and sure hope it helps with the stress some anyway.I am not surprised that you did get it the first time with everything you had going on with you :sad: unfortunatley.I think it is time to party :lol: all night long woo hoo.

Tammy

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Wonderful!!!!!

Cathy, I am so thrilled for you. I know that it is difficult and quite stressful, now that has been illiminated for you. Now it is time to sit back and relax.

Nanxy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts