The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I just wanted to tell a little story about a couple of good days Ive had lately and therefore hopefully give a 'lift' to newly diagnosed visitors to the site. :)
I still consider myself new (May 09) as Im still not controlled and have tremendous 'bad' flares; when this happens Im sure like most of you, you think things will never be good again :eek:
After many attempts to try and enjoy a few breaks away with my family this summer I decided it wasnt to be, so resigned myself to the fact that my days of travel and fun were over :worried: However, my hubby, mum in law and two kids took it upone themselves to persuade me to go to Centre Parcs for a long weekend. I went for them not me!
After numerous decents down the Kamikaze water slide, the battering of the wave machines, rocking along the lazy river I have to say I felt fantastic; alive again :wink2: You couldnt get me off! Im in my 40's and its usually me trying to encourage the kids to do the daredevil stuff, I just felt like the old me again!
Im under no illusion, Im having an echocardiopgram and a brain MRI this week, Im on prednisolone folowing a horrendous flare last weekend and warfarin. I was worried that I'd be bashed and cause bruising, that Id get dizzy in the water and on the slides; I didnt feel 100% but what the heck. Please dont think me irrisponsible, I just had an opportunity and took it.
I took a chance and it was great to feel alive!
So when things are bad I know that there will be more good times to come.
I hope Ive cheered some people up.:hehe:

K

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Mrs Sad!

So glad you had a great time...I find pred is a amazing help for holidays even without a flare!

Good luck with the forthcoming tests...let us know how they go!

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
That's great news Mrssad and well done you for taking that opportunity. sometimes if we don't seize the moment then we spend life waiting for something that might never happen.

I had a great time in Germany recently for my brothers wedding (OK I did go home at midnight). It involved a long long drive to get there, a long day on the wedding day and a long long drive back but I'm so glad I went. It's knocked the stuffing out of me a bit and I'm now tired but as mum said "at least you were actually able to do it, a year ago you couldn't have done" and she's quite right.

Today I went swimming - I have no idea what effect it will have on my poor long suffering muscles but I'm enjoying just remembering the freedom of movement I had in the water and, you never know, I might be able to keep that up.

Katharine

·
Registered
212 Posts
Glad you had a great time. I have a week booked at Centerparcs in January (I usually go with a big gang of girls, as a post Christmas spa break treat) and I intend to do as much as I can.

Katharine I'm trying to pluck up the courage to go swimming. I had an occupational physiotherapist assess me at work recently and he suggested it as the water should support your body. He even suggested I get a GP referral to a swim fit programme, so I might look into it.

·
4,446 Posts
Hiya.. so glad you went for it.. sometimes you just have to; I have always struggled with going snorkelling in the Caribbean until I got ill.. I thought, well if a shark eats me up, hope it gets indigestion and at least my joints will never be painful again!!!:rotfl: It almost gave me some freedom to stop being scared of things that may never happen!! It makes you enjoy the moment when they come along because they truly are extra special and precious now. I wish you many more to come XXX

·
florie
589 Posts
So glad to hear you did it and felt so good about it. Life is to short enjoy whenever you can.And like you said, you felt alive again. That is great news to hear. Good for you.......
florie:flowery:

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
That's a wonderful and uplifting reminder... and an important thing for us all to remember that sometimes we do need to push ourselves a little and just go for it because (1) it may not be as bad as we fear and (2) it's worth it to feel that alive again! :)

Thanks for posting that!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi there

Good for you!! I think its great that you just went for it! Now next time that you are feeling a bit worse for wear you have the memory to look back on too and it might help you get through it.

Take Care.

Cassie :)

·
Premium Member
11,410 Posts
Hi,

Thank you for posting. I love great news.

I know the worry that we do when something comes along and not sure how well we will tolerate it.
Your story gave me a big boost.

Love,
Lyn

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.