TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Woo hoo, I'm excited! My GP got me a second opinion consult with a rheumy who specializes in autoimmune diseases. I've tried to get in to this rheumy before, but there was a 17-month waiting list. I spoke with her office this morning and have an appointment for September 25...this year!!! I'll be gathering up relevant documents to take with me - positive labs, photos of my rashes and mouth sores, etc.

I'm not expecting some earth-shattering breakthrough in this visit. I just want another expert to take a look at my situation and ensure my treatment is on the right track.

Terri

·
Registered
553 Posts
I'm really pleased for you Terri

I will keep my fingers crossed that all goes well for you

Claire

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
That's great Terri, I'll keep you in my thoughts and, as you say, all you want to begin with is someone who listens, takes you seriously and tries to find a solution...

keep us posted,
Katharine

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Hi Terri

I am so glad your gp got you a second oppion.Thats what i did few yaers ago but o actually got someone for second oppinoin for the rhueme i was seeing at the time.I really hated to ask him but figured he would know who would know about lupus better then him.I got one at a university and she is wonderful really but has sometimes really upset me but nobody is perfect i guess:lol:.For that kind of doctor that is not to long of a wait really/Please let u sknow how it goes with the new rhueme:).

Tammy

·
11,405 Posts
:woohoo:Terri,

I am so happy that you are getting into the rhuemy that you wanted.:) Time will fly by so fast the appointment will be here before you know it.

Hang on tight to your wonderful GP.:bigsmile:

Love,
Lyn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts