The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...so some of you may know my recent lupus drama....

I do have kidney involvement, however it is in remission...meaning I have permanent damage to my kidneys, lost about 14% of kidney function. I have scarring to the glomularai, and other changes from the lupus, but no autoimmune activity at this time!!!!

However, the meds I am on have put it into remission and hopefully it will remain that way forever!

I need to keep monitoring my urine every month, however I shoulod always expect some leakage (+1/+2) is going to be the norm. If it goes beyond that I have to call the nephrologist immediately. Also if I have any increase in my lupus activity...he want to be notified.

I see him every 6 months for testing too just to keep a very close watch on it.

So this is great news and I am very relieved. I am sad that it ever got to that point and had my rhumy at the time been testing it we might have switch meds sooner and prevented this from happening at all...but glad that my new rhumy treated me with CelCept.

So...thanks to all of you for your support through this tough time!

Love - Stephanie

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Overall good news I would say! That must be a relief to have the final findings and to know that you are already doing what you need to do to take care of it and can monitor it closely for the future between your at home testings and your doctors.

This sounds like good reason to go out tonight for a nice dinner to celebrate huh? :) That's what I would do at least!

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
You must be very relieved Stephanie and I'm so glad to hear that it isn't as bad as you had feared it might be :)

:grouphug2:

Katharine

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all...I am indeed relieved.

Karol -- NO 28 showings and not one offer....I just dont get it

·
Premium Member
11,410 Posts
What a huge relief for you Stephanie. It is great that it is under control for you. The doctors will be on their toes checking you every month.

Did you go out and celebrate?

Love,
Lyn

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi Stephanie, that must be a huge relief for you. I am pleased to hear some good news. I hope the meds continue to work for you.

Deb x

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
Hi Stephanie,

I am so glad the results aren't as bad as the doctor initially thought they might be. Hopefully the Cell Cept can keep your kidneys from loosing any further function. Thanks for the update.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hi Stephanie,
I know it isn't perfect news, but it is still pretty good. The fact that the damage may have been avoided is a hard one to take, but your generosity in telling others about this is sure to help avoid others suffering.
x Lola

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.