TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on the news last night was a report about a recipie that has been found for pavlova that dates back to 1929!!!!!

That trumps the Australian recipie dated 1933 and confirms what we all new anyway

PAVLOVA IS A NEW ZEALAND ICON !!!!!!!!!

Got ya good guys :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Raglet

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
:rotfl:Raglet!!

Well this Aussie has known for a long time that we weren't the founders of Pavlova so I don't know who is still on about it :lol:

Can't eat the thing anyway because I'm allergic to egg whites :hehe:

love
Lily

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Ok, I wil admit that I do not know exactly what Pavlov is, so send us a recipe! I am guessing it is a pastry of some sorts. Hmmmm, coud be good!!

Nancy

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Nancy

The picture under Raglets post says it all....Its an absolutely dreamy meringue based desert filled in the middle with fresh cream and fruit!

A heart attack on a plate, if you will.... but ever so scrummy! :lol:

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Raglet quit bickering and crowing, just send me some and all will be forgiven forever. Well the 'forever' is possibly a slight exaggeration. Do not put papaya on it and nothing else but fruit - absolutely no chocolate, nuts or any travesties of that sort. Raspberries are my favourite, or a summer fruit medly goes down a real treat

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/database/pavlova_2949.shtml
Oh yum and me on my diet yet again still it's a cheering thought on another very cool wet day.

Cheers
Clare

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, given that the pavlova will be cyber, I think you can break your diet for it, just this once :lol: :lol: :lol:

Women back in the 30s and 40s used to win (or loose) husbands based on their 'pavs', and Aussies and Kiwi's have fought forever about who invented it. It's sort of a national sport.

raglet

·
Registered
174 Posts
Whoever invented it is a genius! It's my favourite!

Clare, I make an excellent one - the next time I make one you can pop round!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
:lol: Raglet!

who would have thought that pavlova had so much history :rolleyes: ...well I for one would never have 'won' a husband because I have never made a pavlova ever :lol: even though I love it!:wink2:

so I gather you're from new zealand raglet.....for some reason I assumed you were australian??:rolleyes: not sure why though.
well that's clarified that anyway :hehe:

love karen x

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
for some reason I assumed you were australian??
:rotfl:Karen!

She might consider that an insult :lol: Aussies and Kiwis have a kind of national pastime of stirring each other up. Keeps us off the streets :hehe:

love
Lily

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
karen - most people assume Kiwi's are Australian, I think coz little olde NZ is just so small.

Actually often when I travel and someone is trying to figure out where the heck I am from, I 'let them' think I am from Australia coz usually they know where that is.

It's one of those regional things - to us, both Aussie and Kiwi, our accents are as different as night and day, but no one else can pick the difference (not that you can even HEAR the way I speak).

Definitely a New Zealander born and bred

cheers

Raglet

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
:lol: Lily..well you can guarantee that I would be the one to put my foot in it :lol:

thank you lily and raglet for the information,very interesting! :) you learn something new everyday on here :) :)

love karen x

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Clare.T;506357 said:
absolutely no chocolate, nuts or any travesties of that sort. Clare
I've just read this half an hour after taking pain meds and feeling just a little sleepy and to me it read:

"absolutely no chocolate, nuts or any transvestites of that sort."

Sorry Clare - it really made me look at you in a whole new light LOL :rotfl:

Night night,

Pam xxx

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
:rotfl:Nope no transvestites on our pavlovas :lol:

love
Lily

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hahahaha, I read it that way too, and laughed and thought about Louise Senior, who some of you old timers from other forums may remember, when she talked about her favourite recepie with all the 'herpes and spices'.

We never let her forget it - still miss that woman.

But, I love to remember her like this and keep her spirit alive

Raglet

1 - 15 of 15 Posts