The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
florie
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Well have i been busy and worried. My daughter who was due on june 26 had her baby june 1st monday. He was 5lbs. Named Nicolas. Not sure if i spelled it right shame on me.He is home and doing fine.

Then on June 4th Thursday my daughter-in-law who was due on august 8th had an emergency C-section. The baby Aric was only 2lbs.15.6oz. He was transfered to another hospital over an hour away. He has a feeding tube and is now breathing on his own. My daughter-in-law needed 3 blood transfusions and went home on the 3rd night. I have been so worried of Aric and am unable to go to see him since i have my mom to care for.
We never had premies in the family, but with my daughter-in-law her placenta separated from the uterus and brought on the emergency c-section.

I went to the hospital for support of my son and daughter-in-law and got to see the tiny baby too. So upsetting to see him hooked up to all those tubes and etc. I keep close contac everyday to find out about how the baby is doing. So far he has lost 4oz. which the doctor's expected. I pray he will start to put on weight and come back to our home town hospital, I want to see him in person again. This has increased my already anxiety and depression. My son e-mailed me some photo's of the baby which was very touching and made me cry. I ask all my friends to please pray with me for Aric Jacob. I am going to try and put some photo's in my album for all of you to see. Hugs to all, Florie

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Florie:

God Bless...both of my grandchildren were premies, they both wre on feeding tubes and in the NICU (natal intesive care unit) until they were either full term or weighed 5lbs which ever came first.

I pray all goes well.

Congratulations grandma!

Stephanie

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Wow Florie! What are the chances of you having two little baby grandkids born so close together like that?

I will keep them both in my thoughts, especially the littlest one. They can do absolute wonders now with premies and I hope it wont be too long before you are holding little Aric in your arms.

Thanks for sharing your photos

Much love
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi florie,
Congratulations!!!

I know it must be very worrying for you and your family that Aric was born so prematurely.

I just wanted to shre with you that my daughter was born at 27 weeks and weighed 2 lbs and a half ounce.I had a placental abrubtion, my placenta ruptured and I too lost a lot of blood and was quite weak afterwards. My daughter was in hospital for 11 weeks after her birth but she did very well and is now 7 years old and has no signs of ever being born so early.
I just wanted reasure you that the premmie units are fantastic and work absolute miracles. I know that Aric is likely to be in hospital for some time while he is catching up and this does add stress on the family but I am sure before you know it he will be home and everyone can get on with the fun of enjoying him as a normal baby.

I wish you and your family all the very best and hope the time passes quickly unitl Aric can be home with you all.

Your grandchildren are all absolutely beautiful.

Lots of luck.

Cassie :)

All the best.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Congratulations Florie!!!!

I know how worried you must be but premature babies have never had such a good chance as they do nowadays, so I will be keeping those positive vibes flowing for the long road he has ahead.

We will all keep him in out thoughts and prayers.

much love and hugs :grouphug2:

Katharine

·
florie
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I want to thank all of you for your prayers and good wishes.
I am feeling a bit better reading that this has happened to other's before and all turned out well.

Aric is doing good and maybe coming back to our home town hospital possibly this week. My daughter-in-law has a doctor's appt. tomorrow for she is swollen and taking precautions.

I had a chance to see my other grandson Nicholas today. It was great holding him and feeding him. Tomorrow he will be circumcized. Ouuchh.
My daughter is doing well and it was good to be able to visit her and see all her kids. But then time had to end cause i had my mom at home and anxiety was setting in.

I am so thankful for all of you who pray to god along with me on Aric.
I counted over and figured out that i have 11 grandchildren not 10. :lol:
My youngest son is not married yet so i still have future counting . :rotfl:

Again thank you all for your support. I will send pictures in the near future on the two new grandson's. love,hugs, florie

·
Registered
1,640 Posts

Hi Florie,

Just wanted to Congratulate you on the birth of two more grandbabies! :)
:excited:

I am sure your thrilled. Hope the new moms get rested, and the babies..
are thriving.

Take care friend.

Love,
Sandy

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Hi Florie

I am so sorry you are having to see something like this((((hugs))).It has to be so heart braken to see them like this(((hugs))).I do have faith they will both be okay when it is all over.
i had a baby born to me 24 years ago with maconian pneumonia and had a chance of 50 50 to live and she is very much alive and doing great going to college to be a nurse which is kind of ironic she is getting her nursing degree and wants to take care of babies.So anyway with todays technology and lots of prayers for you and the babies they will be okay.Please keep in touch with there progress.Sending lots of (((((((((((hugs)))))))))) your way.

Tammy

·
florie
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My grandson is back in our town hospital!

Hi everyone,:)

Yesterday my grandson was transported back to our home town hospital.
I am going to see him today! I am so happy that all your prayers and comfort for me and him have been answered. I hear he is doing good. Still on feeding tube but in time that will change too. I will tell you all about him after i get to see him.
Luv to all,
Florie

·
Registered
37 Posts
Congratualtion on the new additions to the family Florie - i saw pictures of your two tiny boys and your other grandkids in your album, they are all beautiful!

I loved the pictures of Aric in Mommys shirt - Here in Australia we call them Kangaroo Cuddles . . . . . So a big Hug to your little 'Joey' from your friends here in Oz!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.