The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been diagnosed with lupus 3 years ago. My Dr. recently added fibromyalgia to my list.I still have trouble understanding that when I get so bone tired its okay to rest, I do feel guilty resting. Will I ever get over this feeling. Oh yes I recently became a Grandmother for the first time, thats where I got Granny from and we all know where the flare came from. I am new to this site, I hope to make friends here.
Thank You all for any advise:lol:
Granny Neff::)

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello and welcome :)

I moved your post to start a thread of its own so that you get more replies.

I'm sure you will soon find your way around and make friends too - we're a pretty friendly bunch :hehe:

I think we all battle with the right balance between resting and keeping active and also the guilt we suffer from when we feel we're not doing enough.

Speak soon,
Katharine

·
4,446 Posts
Hiya, it seems that most people with lupus and associated illnesses were/are busy people, doing lots for everybody else!! I still find it hard to stop and rest and feel as if I am giving in if I do....but I am learning that for me to get the best from myself, I have to stop and listen sometimes, or there is a payback round the corner that is far worse :(.. take your time and listen to what you need and don't feel guilty for looking after yourself for a change..take care,
Claire XX

·
Premium Member
11,410 Posts
Hi Granny,

Don't feel guilty about resting. It is either you do rest or pay the price by not resting. (more pain and fatigue)
Fatigue is probably one of the biggest complaints.;)

Isn't being a Granny wonderful?:bigsmile: I think it is the best job to have.:thumbs: I became a first time Granny almost 2 yrs ago.

Take care and welcome to the site.
Lyn

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
:welcome: and Congratulations!

The site is a great place to keep up on the latest news, ask questions and make new friends. I hope you will give the chat room a try. Everybody is super friendly and willing to give advice when they can.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Granny and welcome to the site.

I am sure you will like it here and find friendship, support and so much knowledge from a great group of people.

Join us in the chat room sometime.:wink2::wink2::wink2:

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi Granny and welcome to the site. Sorry pou have lupus but congrats on being a granny!!!!! I would imagine that to be fantastic. This site is great for support and info.

Deb

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.