TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, i've heard that these can help with weight loss. has anyone tried them? or anyone with any reactions to their medications? I'm on hydroxochloroquine, azathioprine, warfarin and prednisilone. Thanks :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
hi, i do know that caffeine can have an adverse affect to some people with auto-immune diseases, but that is all i really know about the green tea supplements. i do have a friend that used them for weight loss, but in conjunction with exercise. she did say they increased her weight loss by about 2 pounds per month if i remember correctly.

·
Registered
35 Posts
oh and here is what i found online about drug interactions:

DRUG INTERACTIONS Adenosine: The caffeine content in green tea may inhibit the hemodynamic effects of adenosine (12). Anticoagulants / Antiplatelets: Theoretically, consumption of large amounts of green tea (.5–1 gallon/day) may provide enough vitamin K to antagonize the effects of anticoagulants and antiplatelet agents, though this effect has not been reported in humans (7) (20). Atropine: The tannin content in green tea may reduce the absorption of atropine. Iron supplements: The tannin content in green tea may reduce the bioavailability of iron. Green tea should be taken either 2 hours before or 4 hours following iron administration. Codeine: The tannin content in green tea may reduce the absorption of codeine

http://www.fluwikie.com/pmwiki.php?n=Consequences.GreenTea

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello Madhea,
So you want to lose some weight! I think many of us can sympathise.
When I enquired at St. Thomas's I was told to use a GI (Glycaemic Index) diet similar to a Diabetic diet. This was from Dr. D'Cruz and is suitable for people on steroids. I feel comfortable recommending that given where it came from. I enlisted the help of a local Dietician too. She was very nice. Unfortunately due to illness, a death in the family at that time etc. I did not really make progress. I have phoned about going back though.

I don't really know about Green Tea etc. my own thought is that these things are often expensive.

If you do diet, Good Luck!

x lola

·
Registered
1 Posts
Green tea tablet well, there's no more natural in that way. It may mix some other drugs in that green tea tablet. For me the original green tea is the best.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts