The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my first neuro appt today. She was great! I am having blood work to check for lupus and other blood clogging tests. So yes waiting game.
I have a question. Thrombosis is this something you can see or is this not visible? I told my neuro that I had a thrombosis because my dr checked out a spot on my thigh (broken blood vessel/bruise looking thing) and said thrombosis. Well anyways she said you can only see thrombosis by ultrasound. I dont know what to think.
Comments would be great.
thanks
Mindy

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Mindy,

It sounds like you had a good appointment :) I'm glad because this is the first step in sorting all this out.

I was a bit confused too when your GP said you had a thrombosis. Usually thats in a deep vein or artery and you can't see them on the skin. However the limb which the artery or vein supplies would often be incredibly painful and red and swollen to my knowledge, but maybe not, I havent ever had one thankfully. Maybe your GP meant thromboplebitis which is in a superficial vein near the surface and they don't usually pose a risk of a clot breaking loose and causing severe problems?

Good luck with your results, when will you get them and do you have a follow up appt?

love
Lily

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

Thank you Lily. I do believe that is what it was. It was visible and just below skin. I hope it is harmless. I do want answers....I am actually feeling much better today. I'm hoping to stay this way.:)

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi Mindy, I just wanted to say "Congradulations" for having a great
first appt. And also being able to say: "She was great". There are too many on this site that can't say that. I am very happy for you.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi Mindy,

So glad you found a competent doctor whom you feel comfortable with..it makes all the difference!!!

My mom had several thromboses in her legs and heart, only detectable by sono ultrasound as it is deep in the veins/arteries. Her legs were red, painful and hot above the clot, and cold and blue below it because no blood was circulating.

I would hope if your doctor suspected this, he would send you to the hospital, as it is life threatening. Quite possibly,he meant something else.

Best of luck with your new doctor, she sounds like a good find!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do think he said something else. I may have misinterpeted. I beleive it was a petechiae spot. I was taking alot of advils at the time it may have been the cause...I dont know. I did get my blood work back. So far all is good. I will ask to be re-tested in the future.

Thanks
Mindy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts