The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dr was lovley, hubby came in with me thankk the lord as i forget as soon as he's told us,

top and bottom of the apointment is i cannot drive now for 12 months and maybe longer :sad: and yes i understand i have to keep ppl and myself safe, but it still doesnt make me feel good in side more so where i live, :sad:

neuro said it is the Lupus that as caused it, i HATE this it takes little by little away ...................sorry dont want to come over doom and gloom

on a better note he's letting me come of Epilim and go on another that doesnt cause weight gain :) , so can start weening of it, ready for 5 weeks time when i can start new one, only thing is i have to watch for rashes, if that happens stop :hehe:

just thought i would let you know about my visit,

take care all
luv Lin xxxx

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hi Lin,

I'm sorry that it is the lupus causing your siezures, but at least you know... Has anyone discussed whether you lupus is adequately controlled by your current meds?

I hope the new antisiezure med works well for you,

Gentle hugs:hug:

X C X

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cath yes the rheumologist is keeping good eye on things, i go local every six months and other every six months
on Az, pred, plaq.and others,

thanks cath xx

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Lin,

I'm so sorry to hear that you can't drive, that must be a terrible blow. I would be devastated in this remote region without a car so I know how you must feel.

It sounds like you are getting good care though, so I really hope that with new meds you might find some more stability and, hopefully, get back to driving.

hugs to you,
:hug:

Katharine

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
((((((Lin)))))

That must have been a bit of a bombshell for you :sad: ..I was not well enough to drive for a few months when I first flared up last year so I can empathise lin because it felt like my independence had been taken away...the only consolation was that I was too bad too drive so I didn't feel like going out.

have you got family members or friends who would be willing to drive you around lin?..also ordering your shopping online is a big help,I can't physically push the trolleys around the supermaket so it is a godsend having it delivered to the door :)

so sorry to hear your problems are lupus related :sad: that's disheartening lin :sad:
I hope you feel better when you come off the epiim & it stops the sickness too..fingers crossed for you!

sending you big hugs lin :there:
take good care..luv karen x

·
Administrator
10,198 Posts
Hi Lin,

Sorry to hear things are still going so poorly. I hope things turn around for you on the new medication.

I couldn't drive for 2 years. Mentally it was very difficult at first. Physically I couldn't handle going out for any length of time anyway. The situation taught me to be much more organized. All meals were planned for the entire week. Doctor's appointments were made around my husband's schedule. If that was impossible I tagged my in-laws, a neighbor or a taxi.

I wish you luck adjusting to your new situation.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
(((((((((Lin))))))))))) It's just not fair what the disease limits us in at times :( :rose:

I know I have times where I can't and won't drive but it comes and goes and so far they haven't told me not to. I don't work so I don't 'have' to be anywhere on any particular day so it's easier to work around that. It restricts you so much, I had a period of a few months a couple of years back where I couldnt and it was difficult to adjust to, especially with no public transport around here.

I hope the new drug suits you better, which one has he put you on?

love
Lily

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Karen yes i have got ppl that could take me here and there, but its the asking, i dont like to keep doing, going have to go and see where the bus goes from, but if its right at the bottome of the road after mine its to far,

Lily the drug he's going to be starting me on Carbamazepine, im wheening down the Elpilm now :) ,so fingers crossed the weight will start to drop , i know heathl is more importment, but so is mental status too .

thanks for your support here, dont know what i would do without it
your gems xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx hugs Lin xxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
HI lin

I am sure glad you let us know how your neuro appointment went.I sure am sorry to hear you cannot drive anymore((((hugs)))).That would stink for sure but at the same time i understand it to.I just get so upset here in the United States when the elderly get to old and senial to they still let them drive as long as they can see:mad: grr.Doesnt matter how the brain does not work anymore.

I am glad you can get off the meds to lin.I know you were reallly holping that would happen.I am hoping the next meds does work well for you and no rash.((((hugs))))If you need to veent anytime lin please pm me.This Lupus does really stink big time.I am having some trouble with my brain trying to explain things to people and they get so confused everytime a:lol:.Hang in there young lady and take care(((hugs))).

Tammy

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Lin, Best of luck with losing weight and I am really sorry about the driving thing.
x Lola

Do you claim DLA, perhaps it will help you with the odd taxi.

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Dear Lin

Thats a total bummer :( I would be devastated if I was told I couldnt drive. Im not fit enough to get around any other way so it would have huge consequences for me.

Loads of sympathetic hugs Lin :hug: :hug: :hug: Its just not fair :worried: I hope you can work something out about the public transport and that its not too far for you

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
aW bless you al, thank you so much for all your suport, it does mean so much to me, to know and see just how ppl care, and ppl that only you could understand, it really does tough me.

Joan im hoeping too buses are near if not it will be taxi, cos of my breathing probs and pain under feet and hips knees where do we start hey?

Just rang DVLA, i have got to send my driving licence back after 28yrs :sad:
and be seizure free, so told her the last one was 11th april.

just hope when i start new meds they work. blooming lupus :sad:

thanks again hugs Lin xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 - 13 of 13 Posts