The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
florie
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you look good, feel better if you have alergic reaction to hair dye?
I've been dying my hair for years using the same product. Loreal cream.
Now suddenly this.......
My scalp has been itching away and burns. Is there a product out there that will work without the side effects? I will not go gray, I need something to cover the grays and I am sure I am not the only one who goes threw this..

Any helpful advice.. Florie

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Florie,

I know it's much more expensive, but if I go to the hairdressers I get them to do streaks and use the cap method. That way none of the solution actually touches my scalp - problem solved!

love
Lily

·
11,410 Posts
Hi Florie,

I go to the hairdresser also. I almost quit getting my hair colored. Thankfully the company changed its formula. Now my sclap doesn't hurt like it did before.

Take Care,
Lyn

·
Registered
1,640 Posts

Hi Florie,

We have a Co-Op here, where I live. It is like a Whole foods, or Mother's grocery store.

They sell all natural beauty products..even hair dyes. You could check into it, but, personally, I think Lilly's idea is the best.

Love,
Sandy

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hi Florie,

It is possible that the ingredients may have changed slightly and you have reacted to that. I became allergic to perfume, jewellery and most of the cosmetics I used just before I was diagnosed 2 years ago. No rhyme or reason why, just that lupies tend to have an allergic history.

If you can afford it I would go to the hairdressers as other have said. Mine uses organic dyes which I don't react to.

Hope that helps,

Hugz,

Pam xxx

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi Florie,
I dont have the solution but funny you should say that. I wont go grey either and have been dying my hair for years and suddenly my scalp became burnt and for a week or more after I had big lumps on my head. I thought maybe something had gone wrong with the hair product but it was the same one I used 6 weeks before. Ive also suddenly come up in itchy spots when I wear junk jewellery. Its never happened before but I have had odd allergies through my life.
So reading these threads maybe it is to do with Lupus. I will be interested too to hear the outcome of your question.
I didnt connect it to Lupus but maybe it is. What joy!!! something else :(
Hope you find a good solution because going grey is not one of them is it.
Good luck
Sal x

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi there,

You might want to check out Aveda hair colour. It's available only in salons, but it's plant-based and natural. You can check out their web site.

cheers
Lady

·
florie
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi all and thank you for all the replies,

I thought about what Lilly said, to just go to the hair dresser and get the cap done.
My scalp is still healing, it's also weeping around my ears where it makes my hair all sticky. I was very careful using it,coated my hair line with vaseline,put cotton around my ears but maybe it's true, what loopyloo says, maybe they put in a different ingrediant. Plus i too lately have been allergic to jewlery, and can't wear perfumes. It has to be that dam Lupus. And not being on the plaq.any more has made me more sesitive to even house hold cleaners. Well after i heal up i am going to the hair dresser, we are worth the money. So trying to look better and feel better for me turned out for the worse. I am sure if i went to the doctors , she would of put me on steroids. But instead i bought some benadryl and it helped me by making me sleepy. I am using aveeno oatmeal bath to shower with cause my whole body itches. I was shaking from it.
Won't be due for another hair color for 6wks. So i won't worry to much for now, and i will not go gray. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hugs to all, Florie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts