The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hair is very thin and I currently wear a hairpiece but it appears that the hair loss has subsided (knock on wood) and I am debating on getting hair extnesions to make it a little fuller and longer.
Have any of you had this? I would love to wear it up and in a ponytail and stuff like that which I can't do with a hairpiece. I feel like my lupus is under control and am ready to look good again.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
I haven't tried them either but have often been sorely tempted. My hair isn't too thin as I have a lot of it even if it is fine and gets dry and also a lot comes out but it does grow ever so slowly and that has stopped me getting it long again...

The thing that has stopped me is the sheer cost of it :eek:

It'll be interesting to hear if anyone has tried.

Katharine

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
That is great that your lupus is under control. I havent had hair extensions, but I am tempted. I thought that they were hard to look after though. That puts me off, as I would want them to look natural. I will be interested to see if anyone has had them!

Deb x

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I just got back and right now I am not a good candidate as where my hair is thin is the top of my hair shich they can't do extensions for...so, I will keep wearing my 3/4 wig which I love but wanted to check out other options. The price was going to be between $600-$1000.

My hair was falling out like crazy but now it seems to be subsiding and stablizing so I am wearing the wig to cover the very thin parts and also let me very short hair grow out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.