The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I wanted to ask.....How much hair falling out is significant to be a symptom? If I run my hand through my hair and can easily pull out approx. 8 or more strands of hair, is that significant? When I take a shower, I find a hairball by the drain. When I brush my hair, alot of hair comes out. What do you all think? Yet, i have no bald spots, at least that I'm aware of. But, then again, I have very thick hair. Any ideas or thoughts?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Hi, I am curious as to what other have to say as well. I have very thick hair.. but it is half its thickness because like you, over time, I am loosing a good amount.. like you I can run my hands through my hair and the same amount of strands will follow.. when I wash my hair I loose much more.. and when I am done washing there is a good size hair ball.. so I actually tend NOT to wash my hair as often because of the amount of hair I loose daily if I do.. Everyone says.. "your hair is so thick" and what they do not realize is that it was once double as thick..

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
It is normal to lose about 50 to 100 strands of hair every day. When you brush or run your hands through your hair you are just aiding in the release of already dead hair. The hair can look like more in your brush or in a ball in the shower since the length is entwined.

When I am shedding it is like a dog losing its winter coat. I wake up with hair all over myself and my pillow. After shampooing the shower walls, the basin and my body all have hair. Hair is all over the floor, chairs and sofas throughout the house. When I cook hair is falling into the food. The laundry I fold has strands of hair. My husband is wearing my hair. I think you get the picture.

A few years ago I learned that the entire strand of hair does always come out. You can have severe breakage. Mine was breaking a little higher than my jaw line. Below that point you could see right through it. It looked so strange I had to cut it.

I hope this helps.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's just that sometomes I feel like a dog shedding.:hehe: My husband says that I shed like a dog. :( Oh well...Just one of those things that happen to us women.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.