The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
how is every1? been a while since ive been on. just wondering how ppl have coped with loss of hair. Mine was not due to lupus, but was due to the fact i was so critically ill in hospital, my hair was half way down my back and now theres nothing. i am lucky that it will eventually grow back, but thats going to be a long and hard journey. my consultant has signed me up for an nhs wig, ill let u know how that goes!!!
how do ppl cope with it? i feel awful. dont recognise the person looking back. feel ugly and fat. which brings me onto my next point? have just come off my steroids, but consequently put on so much weight? does the weight come off? going to the gym and watching my food, is doing nothing"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am starting to feel myself fall into a downward spiral. does ne1 have any words of wisdom................. xx

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
((((((((((hugs)))))))))))) I don't have many words of wisdom but just wanted to say hi and sorry about your situation and how this must be making you feel.

I'm afraid I haven't had a great deal of hairloss thankfully. I am glad you are able to get hold of a wig whilst you are waiting for your body to recover from the assault it's been through :hug: I'm not sure what to suggest if you have lost all of it :( I know some of our members with a fair bit of loss have had some help from a product called Nioxin used to wash the hair. Also things like Biotin have been mentioned.

The Pred weight should come off eventually as your body is recovering and you are able to improve your metabolism, eating sensibly and exercising when able will help. Time will do the rest :hug:

Just wanted to reach out to you even though I probably haven't given you any magic cures :rose:

love
Lily

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi there

thankyou so much for the message. im sure with time itll get better,, but i am frustrated with the slowness!!! not really heard of sle before, then it nearly tuk my life and now it sometimes controls my life. so strange how tings change!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.