TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have in the last two weeks noticed my hands have a rash! Not always easy to see as I suffer with Raynauds and my hand seem to more on the cold grey side most of the day, ecept for when I wake or do exercise (namely housework) they are then red and swollen.

When my hand are semi-cold the rash is noticable on the top of hands by fingernails/fingers/knuckles and a blotchy rash on palms. It looks like I have chapped skin.

Is there a topical cream that prevent the rash from becoming worse that I can suggest to my GP. My Immunologist was very unconcerned about this rash and is not treating (except with Plaq), just put info in my notes.

I would love to know what others use to treat and keep it at bay!

Love Lesley

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi Lesley

Can't think of anything except thought my "rash" was chapped skin and just smothered on loads of hand cream. Just made my hands sore!!

I have Raynaulds and livedo and when my hands are cold and dry (like now) I have a reddish puckering with shiny top surface, bit like shiny elephant skin. It is though my skin has lost all its elasticity and it is puckered into folds (looks like I should be about 200, not 49 :rotfl: ).

When my hands are hot they go taut and bright red. My palms and soles of my feet go bright red and have small white blotches. I suppose this is the circulatory thing.

Hope someone else can give you some useful suggestions.

Love Judi

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi Lesly, You have read Judi's post above me, and you probably thought "
"oh my, wrinkles at such a young age" Well guess what, her story is also my story. My hubby say's that we could almost make another house payment with the money that I spend on creames for my body every month, it's true. But, I also bellieve that sjogrens is 99% responsible for that. I also have raynauds, so I am covered up all the time so no one sees how bad my wrinkles look. Does any of this ever end? Be well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts