TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awww how lucky am I? Well you wont think I am. Nobody likes steroids. But... Im feeling so good.. Its not going to last.. but Ive had a great night out tonight.. Didnt have to sit down once.. been dancing and having a lovely time.

Ive had some sort of bowel trouble over the last few weeks so Ive been put back on steroids for a very short time. .. a week i think.

Its hard not to fall in love with them.. but its ok.. dont tell me.. I know they are not good long term. Ive had the weight gain.. the hump on the back and the hairy face before.

Im just making the most of my new found energy and release from joint pain bowel problems and chronic fatigue.

Maybe next week I will suffer again but this week is an important week to party and have fun with friends.

At least Im posting a happy post for once.. I whinge far too much normally.

I know its a false high but you gotta make the most of what you get havnt you with this disease.

Ill be back whinging again next week Im sure lol.

Love you all and thanks for being there for me all year when Im not feeling quite so positive.

Least I didnt insult the boss and kiss the office casanova.;) Im self employed so there is only me to blame lol.

;)

Im feeling steroid good. :) well.. and the odd glass of wine helped too. :sad:

Luv Sal xx

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hiya Sally :)

You're quite right to enjoy the good times!!!

AND they should also remind you that how you feel normally is not NORMAL and that you have a right to more out of life - So, it's good that you've got your palquenil now but if you need something else to help too, there are other options - You don't need to suffer constantly through this all!!

So, if you are not feeling good (as in at least half normal) pester and pester some more until the doc listens!!

New's year's resolution - I'm not going to put up and shut up anymore!! How's that for an idea?

hugs :hug:

Katharine

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Katharine,

I think thats a great idea. Im with you there ;)

Im very sorry for the sad loss of your Dad Katharine. I seemed to miss a big chunk of posts a while back and then it seemed so late to reply.

I hope you and your family are bearing up. Your Dad sounds like he was a great character like mine was too. Mine died suddenly of a heart attack about 6 years ago but in a way that was good as he remained himself right up to the end. Id never have wanted him to have lived in any other way. Nor would he.

Hoping you have a Happy Christmas. Well as happy as you can.

Take care,
Luv Sal xx

·
Registered
123 Posts
Happy Christmas Sally,

I hope you continue to enjoy those little tablets and that they continue to give you that :woohoo: feeling :D

My Gran was on the 1st drug trials so steroids back in the day and they changed her life so lets pray and hope that in 2009 some mega brainy doc creates something that makes us feel better all the time:wavesmile:

Have a great Christmas and New Year
K

1 - 4 of 4 Posts