The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nipped into the store on my way home from a hospital appointment, parked into a disabled bay, displayed my badge, grabbed some items and got back in to my car. Just about to drive off when a lady runs towards my car, bangs on the window and start demanding to know if I am the owner of the disabled badge. I was so shocked I was lost for words:eek:. I managed to untie my tongue and procced to tell her that yes I was and that I felt her behaviour was extreamely rude, when she walked off with a smug expression on her face as if she had put me in my place.:huh:
Ok my joints have been feeling much better recently and I am probably walking a little easier than normal, but it's still pretty obvious that I have problems. The only thing I can think of is that she didn't see me walking, she just saw me in the car and as I am fairly young she just assumed I couldn't be the owner of a blue badge!!!
I have thought of so many things I wish I had said to her,:lol: But I was just so shocked at the time.

Elle x

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Elle,

I posted a while back about the same thing that happened to me but I was just getting to the store, not leaving, and it was a big, burly man screaming in my face loud enough for God to hear.

I too was shocked but given my personality I came right back at him. I let him know that I was in fact disabled but my mouth worked just fine.:lol::lol::lol:

People are so rude. If they want to know then they should politely ask to see your handicap id card, mine I keep with my license.

Sorry this happened to you my friend.:wink2:

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Elle, I am afraid it probably wont be the only time it will happen to you. People can be so rude!!!

Deb

·
Jen
407 Posts
I use my tag all the time and don't really care what others think anymore, they have no idea but if that ever happens again I would calmly and slowly say, "judging someone who you don't know is rude, inconsiderate and ingnorant, enjoy your day".

Sorry you had this experience.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
The scarey thing is that some people are not "right", in the head. You never know who will just walk away, or who will kill you..if you respond in an aggressive manner.

It hasn't happened to me yet..Luckily most of the time I am out, my husband is with me..

Sandy

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Sage Hen;560751 said:
The scarey thing is that some people are not "right", in the head. You never know who will just walk away, or who will kill you..if you respond in an aggressive manner.
Your right Sandy, my husband says this to me all the time.

I remind him that I failed Diplomacy 101 in college and never took it again.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
11,410 Posts
Hi Elle,

Sorry you were harassed at a store.:hug:

I think the kind of people that do this type of thing won't listen to anything you have to say to them. They think they are right and nothing what so ever you say will make any difference in what they believe.

The best thing is to get in your car, lock the doors and not say a word to them. Ignoring them I think is the best way to deal with them.

I bet you were just shaking as I would be shaking too if something like that had happened to me.:hug:

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lyn, you're right I was shaking. I can't believe anyone could be so rude!!!
I always thought that if anyone did this I would tell them exactly what I thought of them. But I was so shocked I was speechless!! (which hasn't happened in a long time:lol:)

take care all
Elle x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.