The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a very hard day at work on Friday and as soon as I got home I started feeling very ill. Felt like I was burning up with fever. When I got up from the bed I thought the shivering would not stop. It was so intense my muscles started tighting up. Approximately 6 hours later I was warm again and began to feel better. Has anyone else experienced this and is it related to Lupus.

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi Teri, welcome to the site. When my lupus is flaring I get fevers. It is usually a sign I need to rest more and pace myself better. I would monitor how you are and mention it to your rheumy when you see him.

Take care

Deb

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi there,

I have no idea if it's related to lupus but have had similar experiences especially when I was working and if I really overdo it. I put it down to exhaustion (which I suppose was due to lupus).

I still get slight fever (low grade) if I push myself too far and I will also get very very cold at other times (sometimes one followed by the other but not always).

Sorry I can't help more.
Katharine

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi there

I have had exactly the same experience (worst was at a wedding, it was truly awful!) of having sudden very high fever (with no other virus-y symptoms) and shaking uncontrollably, I have never felt so cold in my life. It's horrible. Big fat dose of paracetamol did help, so always have that with me just in case. My doctor certainly said that it was lupus related. My night sweats also seem to go with the territory.. mmm lovely!

Hope you are feeling better now.

xHatty

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Howdy Teri,
I know what you mean. My wife has suggested that we can throw out the toaster and save electricity by just putting a slice of bread on my forehead. The spasms do get worse too. All in all, a miserable bunch of symptoms.
I have decided that I really do not like Lupus.:lol:
Douglas+

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.