The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:ermm: my GP thinks i might have SLE, aching joints, rash across my face, feeling down:( havent had a definitive diagnosis yet just had some bloods taken today. don't know where to turn to.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi and :welcome:

I'm sorry to hear what brings you here. It sounds like your GP is being thorough. Maybe the next step would be a referral to a good rheumy?

Keep us posted and we'll be here to help answer any questions you may have,

hugs to you
:hug:
Katharine

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi there, and glad to have you here. The only person that can
diagnose you for Lupus is a Rheumatologist. You have to ask your GP for a referral to see one.
Before your appt, write down all your symptoms for the dr. to have.
Let us know how it goes, Best wishes.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Welcome to the site and I think you've found a very good place to turn to...
there are many helpful, knowledgeable and sympathetic "ears" on this site!

It sounds as if your doctor is suspicious of an autoimmune disease cause for your symptoms and has run some initial tests (probably including the ANA=anti-nuclear antibody test). So you have a good GP since he/she has already thought to test you for this. With your symptoms, I think a visit to a rheumatologist would be a good idea whether or not these initial tests ordered by your GP come back adding weight to the suspicions or not.

I was a bit down too when my GP told me she suspected lupus (after my ANA test came back positive and I had been feeling quite ill for a few weeks and the red facial rash for months before that). Try not to worry too much... many have their lupus well controlled with medications so even if you are ultimately diagnosed with it it's really NOT the end of the world. ;)

(((hugs)))

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
hello and a warm welcome..

we cant say if you have Lupus..
but your going in the right direction with having the blood tests...its a start..

please let us know the results.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
hi sarahdg, well as others have said sounds like you got a good gp there, i hope you havnt got it, but at least if you have you have found a very good place here

my fingers are crossed for you , please as christine said let us know how things go

take care
Lin x

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks

thanks guys for the support, sorry haven't been on to reply before now, working although it appears there's not a lot of support and help from that front!! ;)

i suppose thats what you get working for the NHS!! its ok to care for patients but if the staff get ill its well make sure you go to appts in your own time!!

seeing gp later next week for blood test results still have rash on face although it has faded but is dry and itchy too, and still feel lethargic and have the joint pains!!!

still we'll wait and see. reading the posts here has given me some hope and i am grateful for finding the Lupus site!!

Sarah

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Hi Sarah and welcome to the site.

I am glad that your doctor is doing some blood work and want to wish you good luck for your upcoming appointment.

At the least, your gp can help you with the pain if they haven't already.

Good luck and nice to meet you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts