The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! all,

A quick note to say hi as I have not been here in a long time. Wanted to let everyone know I changed rheumatologists as my first one was not working out. My new one seems pretty good. She's business like which is fine with me. Much rather get through all the issues rather than forget one cue to too much chatting.

I'm still plunking along with very little pain. I did mess my neck up last March and thanks to COVID I did not physically see a doctor until a couple weeks ago. My rheumy has ordered an MRI of my neck. I suspect I herniated a disk or I have a bone spur pressing against a nerve. It was quite painful for awhile but things have improved.

I am still having lupus type symptoms. My newest "trick" was developing a large hive on my arm after too much sun exposure. The hive itched like crazy, had a small rash, and was gone by the next day after I applied a steroid lotion on it.

I haven't had any major RA flares after my big one about two years ago. I'm lucky.

Other than that not much else to write about.

·
Administrator
10,196 Posts
Welcome back.

You aren't the only one to put off an appointment you would normally make make during Covid. Since by the time you were seen so much time had already passed the doctor couldn't say let's just give it some time and now you get to move on and have your problem investigated. Good luck with your MRI. Hopefully the results show a path to a simple resolution.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome back.

You aren't the only one to put off an appointment you would normally make make during Covid. Since by the time you were seen so much time had already passed the doctor couldn't say let's just give it some time and now you get to move on and have your problem investigated. Good luck with your MRI. Hopefully the results show a path to a simple resolution.

Take care,
Lazylegs
I hope so too. I suspect it's my cervical radiculopathy (sp) acting up. It's been the longest it's ever lasted. Am feeling better so the MRI is a little late in the game.

Hope things are well for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts