The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Hi there,
You have had some good advise there but just to add to this...
In general we tend to put these people on a pedastool, when really they are only human and are no better than you or i. I too have had a few run in /difference of opinions with one and i found the best way to deal with these people is to firstly keep calm,then firmly and very politely put your point across.
All too often have i kept my mouth shut and cowardly shyed away from conflict then went home n cried and stressed over it.Worrying what this one and that one will think of me.
Slowly but surely with my husbands guidance i have slowly learned the art of sticking up for myself in a very respectful manner. (This can take quite some practice and confidence) but trust me the benefits are very rewarding.
DO NOT LET ANYONE PUT YOU DOWN OR MAKE YOU FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE!
Dont let them take your power away,reclaim it in a nice way.
Its the only way to be taken seriously with regards to this illness.As many of us here will tell you we have had a long road to diagnosis and it aint been smooth.
As for the nurse,making these people aware of their behaviour usually embarasses them into a corner.A very simple "oh your obviously having a bad day" in a nice manner ofcourse,usually does the trick for me.
Good luck and i wish you lots of confidence to deal with these so called "professionals".
Luv Gwennie x

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.