The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Does anyone ever get painful lumps on there head? They feel like spots only theres nothing on the surface.
The only reason I ask is when ever I am going to have a flare up I tend to get them and when I feel my head I think I look like a Klingon even though my other half promises me that I dont.

:worried:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi scarletrose,
I too get these painful lumps. they come and sometimes they go. I also have a flare up...they itch and are very painful...hope someone can give us advice

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello there,

I used to regularly get painful lumps on the back of my head; kind of half way down between the top of the head and the neck. I later discovered that we have lymph nodes there too - I also had ones in the side of my neck and groin that would swell when I wasn't doing well.

Here's a pic of lymph nodes in the head and neck http://www.taxotere.com/images/experiment/tax_HN_2_lg.gif

Katharine

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Hi there. Before my lupus diagnosis and appropriate treatment, when I just had a diagnosis of urticarial vasculitis, I got these lumps. They would appear anywhere on my scalp and on my forehead - there was nothing to see as such, as they were under the skin. Mine were painful as opposed to itchy.

I showed them to my dermatologist and he gave me a steroid cream. When I eventually saw my rheumatologist and mentioned this symptom and treatment, she said 'hmmm - that's easy' which soooooo tickled me, as I hadn't enjoyed trying to get the cream into my scalp without also sporting a greasy hair look. Such vanity I know, but she was with me on that!:lol:

Since I've been on Plaquenil and Prednisilone the symptoms have subsided, but then I haven't (yet) had a flare since, and so can't say whether or not this might return.

Hope this helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts