The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I was diagnosed a week ago with SLE and APS, i'm on Predsinone 15mg and 75mg asprins can i take anything for thie banging headache i've got or do i just throw the towel in at work and go home ans sleep it off this afternoon?

chris

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi there :)

You should be able to take most normal things that you would take. Maybe just avoid too much aspirin as you're already taking some daily but paracetamol and so on are OK.

This is maybe something that you could ask your GP at your next visit or ask the chemist.

Katharine

·
4,445 Posts
Hiya, 75mgs is a childs dose of aspirin.. so you could up that a bit, read the instructions and make sure you take on a full stomach or with milk etc.. it is fine to take with paracetamol but you shouldn't mix an anti inflammatory, like ibuprofen with aspirin as they both do the same kinda job and work on inflammation... it sounds as if you will need to get your head down for a rest anyway, perhaps after you have taken pain relief?.. hope you feel better soon.
Claire
PS Ask your GP if you are asthmatic.... ref anti inflammatories!!!

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
just watch Aspirin if you have funny tummy, i have to take Plavix.
but you can take paracetamol ..i know you say your on Aspirin, so was i, im just saying thats all, they can upset you, more so if you have Reflux

Lin xx

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
If you are finding that you have migraines constantly, you need to get to a neurologist who understands cns lupus. One of the symptoms of this is massive migraines which do not go away with standard headache care. It is not as common, but it is a not pleasant part of sle.
Sally

·
Registered
12 Posts
Migraines

Hello Chris,
As always what works for me might not be right for you so be sure to go to a Doctor....I had migraines for years. Now I am realizing they must have been Lupus related. I basically took millions of over the counter drugs and precocets any time a Doctor would give them to me. My headaches were so constant that I was always in bed. A Doctor has put me on Topamax, which is an anti-seizure medicine, which seems to work for migraines. I seldom have a headache now and if I do an aspirin takes care of it in 15 minutes. My quality of life has improved 100%.
Sincerely,
Mary Ann:)

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Mary Ann is right on. I had a migraine that lasted 4 1/2 months. Finally, after being treated by a neurologist, getting my meds worked out, and more time, we got it under control. I also use an antiseizure med to control mine. I also have a combination of different drugs which work with the antiseizure med. It was a long road, but it has been under control now for many years.

If your headache recurs frequently, I would talk to your rheumy about a referral to a neurologist. It is finally being admitted that migraines are part of lupus affecting the brain. Took long enough to get there!
Good luck and take it easy.
Sally

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi Chris,

I just want to add, that I also have c.n.s. lupus, and migraines were constant for me, before getting on the right medications. In my case, an in addition to anti-seizure meds, Pred, Cellcept. I was put on Imitrex self injections, and Zomig sublingual disolvable tabs. Now, I am experiencing fewer migraines, and when I do have them, they are shorter in duration.

Best Wishes,
Sandy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.