The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 4 p.m. appointment with my dr. Fever of 101 off and on today -- going up and down. Mostly up. And I can't take a deep breath without coughing. Not a real cough, mostly just my chest. I feel sort of like somebody punched me in the diaphragm. Wednesday of last week I spent most of the day using a big machine called a long arm quilter to finish up a bed-sized quilt. My arms and pecs have been sore since then. But I don't think that's the problem.

Oh, and good news on the horizon -- a new rheumy is coming to town. He starts taking appointments in early July. I'm going to be camped on his doorstep. Hope he's a good one. So many people here in our town have been dismissed and insulted by the only rheumy practicing here. He's a real menace.

Sunny

·
Registered
521 Posts
Good luck on your appt today Sunny, I hope everything works out good for you.

I can't wait to here how the appt with the new doc goes..

Take Care

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Hello Sunny,

I sure hope your appointment goes well and that they can give you something that will make you feel better...

That is great that you are getting a new rheumy in town.. I hope you are the first one to get an appointment...

Love Penny

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm back. Dr. is somewhat perplexed -- that's normal. But after listening to me cough when I try to take deep breaths, he decided I've probably had a low-lying bronchial infection for a long time. That cough has been around. Not every day or even often, but sometimes when I'm stressed or move a certain way it comes out very metallic and nasty. Real deep.

So I'm on some sort of wide-spectrum antibiotic and sticking with 10 mg pred every day.

Doc says he would be really happy to have me be the first patient in line for that new rheumy so I can come back and tell him how the new guy is. I'll have an appointment as soon as the appointment book opens.

Overall I'm feeling that probably not much else is doable right now.

I really, really, really hope the antibiotic knocks out whatever if dragging me down. I'm fried.

Sunny

·
11,410 Posts
(((Sunny)))

I hope the new antibiotic takes care of that nasty cough you have.

That is great that you will get a app. fast with that new rheumy. I hope he is a keeper and helps you.

Sending love and prayers your way.

Lyn

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Sunny,:there:
I hope you feel better real quick. Anti-biotics can do wonders sometimes. I also recommend a nice steamy shower-it real helps to clear out all the "gunk". You need to rest, rest and really rest-did I mention that you really need to rest:wink2:
The new rheumy has to be an improvement if the other one is a menace. There are not enough rheumys' that is for sure!!!!
Please take care of yourself and keep us posted on how you are feeling.

Hugs,
Becca

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Hi Sunny,

So happy you have found out what is wrong with you and that you have meds for it...

Maybe it was a good thing going to see your doctor if that gets you closer to seeing that new rheumy.... Again I hope you have the first visit...:) Take care of yourself...

love Penny

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hi Sunny,

Keeping everything crossed that the anti-biotics start to work and you feel much better soon.

Rest up and take care of yourself.

Hugz, :hug:

Pam xxx

·
Administrator
10,193 Posts
Hi Sunny,

I hope the doctor is right and the antibiotics do the trick.

Are you going to camp out at the new doctor's door so you can be the first one? It would be wise to have your previous health records at the ready. Good luck.

Take care,
Lazylegs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts