TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone else out there wears headscarves rather than hats to keep off the Sun? And if so, where do you buy them and do you feel at all stupid wearing them? I like how they look when I'm at home but then when I go out I'm convinced everyone's staring at the white girl with the headscarf.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Haha, yes, I get that bit about being stared at.

I haven't quite made up my mind on this one. I mean I know that a headscarf doesn't afford the same protection as a hat - It's the lack of that wide brim that does it but, like you, I prefer the way they look. I'm not a hat person at all.

There's one here which is sun protective

http://www.sunsibility.co.uk/shop/shop.asp?id=175&pid=175&cid=34&pcid=0

I'm sure there are others but I only look at EU sites.

Katharine

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link Katharine. I'm happy to wear a hat on holiday or when I'm going to the park, say, but I can't bring myself to wear one for everyday stuff like walking to work or the shops. The scarf feels odd but not as odd!

x

·
Registered
642 Posts
I know what you mean about the hat thing.
I wear one in the garden but feel a bit silly walking round town.
I wish i had the nerve to wear one of those aussie -style all-weather numbers but I don't:blush:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh I could never get one of those hiking hat things now as my in-laws (well, my boyfriend's parents, near enough) bought them for each other for their retirement trek around Europe!

No, I like the headscarf thing, just not looking forward to it getting hot enough for me to have to wear it for the walk to work. Such vanity!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts