TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to come by & say Hi. I'm still having a difficcult time with my CVID (Common Variable Immune Deficiency) - having a lot of respiratory infections. In the last 5 weeks I had a sinus infection, the flu, another sinus infection + bronchitis & now I've got a cold (& still have the sinus infection). My doc has raised my IVIG dose very high & I'm hoping to see some improvement soon. My Lupus has been flaring up too - symptoms always worsen when I have an infection. It has been affecting my tendons a lot recently & my right Achilles tendon ruptured a couple of weeks back. In a cast & using a wheelchair for 4-6 weeks.

Sharon

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Thanks for writing in and letting us know how you're doing. Is there anything else that can be done for you besides upping the IVIG? I don't suffer with infections nearly as much as you but can certainly empathize... just got over a sinus infection that wasn't cured with the 1st antibiotic so spread to my ear again. Thankfully the second antibiotic wiped it out. ;) It definitely seems to bring out a lupus flare in my case too - these infections in particular.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts