The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Although I am not new to this site, I haven't visited for over 3 years. I didn't know where else to post this message!

The Drs investigated me for lupus 4 yrs ago following a facial rash and a positive ANA result. It took them a looooooong time to finally diagnose me with FM (which I now know is the correct diagnosis). I haven't posted in a long time as I did not accepted the diagnosis initially but I have accepted it now. I am back here because I want to talk to people who understand this condition and how it affects daily living.

I am 35 yrs old, married to a fantastic man, with 3 kids (8 :dancing: 5:wall: and 1 :princess: yr old ). I live in Scotland but love to travel to sunny places!!!

The kids think that I am like Dory from Finding Nemo as I forget things a lot (I tell my husband that it's my "blonde moments"). I normally work as a nurse in the operating theatre but I am on a scholarship programme at present studying to be a Physicians Assistant.

Please be kind to me!!!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hi and welcome back! :wavesmile:

I'm Pam, also from Scotland AND married to a fantastic man too! (sssh don't tell him :lol: ). Sounds like we could be very much alike as I also love to travel.

Seriously though, you have come to the right place for support and to talk to like minded people. This site has been a life saver for me. I think everyone here at some point has questioned their diagnosis or gone through denial. It must be hard for you to cope with the kiddies, working and studying. Good luck with the scholarship, that sounds like a wonderful career for you.

So do you have a diagnosis of lupus with FM? Are you on any meds to help?

I look forward to getting to know you.

Hugz, :hug:

Pam xxx

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Welcome back! :)

I'm not clear if you have the fibro in addition to the lupus. There are quite a few people here who have both conditions.
I hope you are being medicated for the fibro.

Good Luck with your studies you must be a very busy woman.

Bye for now
Clare

·
Registered
1,563 Posts

Hi law2iam

Welcome back to the sight and hope you find the wonderful support i have found here also.I am sorry you have fibro for sure.I was diagnosed with that first before lupus about 15 years ago and diagnosed with lupus like 5 years ago.I do understand what it is like to have fibro and deal with little ones also((((hugs)))).I am on cymbalta for the fibro and to help me sleep.It has been such a wonderful drug and has helped me tremendously with the fatigue and pain of fibro.I sure hope you have a rhuemotoligist to help you with both and have some insight on both of them also.take care hope to chat with you sometime in chat if you feel like it.If you have any questions about anything just email me or pm me.I am not sure if i am understanding wether you have just fibro or fibro and lupus either but just hope things get under control for you rea soon(((hugs))).

Tammy:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi
Thanks for the replies. I wasn't completely clear about the lupus and FM, I dont have lupus (but the Dr said it may come later!!!) but I do have FM. I take Amitryptilline to help with sleeping and general pain. I also take Tramadol for breakthrough pain and have been taking a lot of it more recently. It will be great to get to know you all and sharing so much.

On a final note, is there a possibility that lupus or RA can occur later in life when I have a +ve ANA and have FM already. Also I dont see a Rheumatologist any more (the last time was when I was given my diagnosis and then he discharged me from his care!) but should I still be under the care of a Rheumy?

Thanks again
:rotfl: Lynn :rotfl:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts