The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone
not been on for a while as pc broke :(. not good at the moment i have pleurisy again and another kidney infection. my poor gp must be sick of me . she said ii need to bug my consultant to see me earlier than march, as last time i saw her was last march:(. i am getting soooo fed up with this not knowing what is wrong and having to have time off work.:mad: does everyone go through this stage of no one taking them seriously i feel like shouting at them I AM NOT WELL WILL SOMEONE HELP ME . its affecting everthing .
sorry for ranting buti am so fed up with this.
i have missed this site even more than fb lol

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Welcome back online Angie,

Yes you do need to bug your consultant...can't understand why you have had a 12 months follow-up! Give the secretary a call today and update them of whats going on as say you do need to be seen sooner!

Even more so why can't your GP bug the consultant...its part of their job!

Chat soon!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I cannot believe that you have to wait so long to see your consultant. Good grief, that would drive me up the wall.

On the frustration level, and no one taking you seriously, I have been there and I am sure there are many on this forum who have also had such a hard time with doctors. You have to fight hard for yourself. Don't take no for an answer and persist. I believe eventually you will find the right doctors who are able to diagnose you, medicate you appropriately and take proper care of you.

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
Hi Angie,

If you do not have any luck getting your appointment moved up then contact your doctor again and let him know you are being ignored. In the past I have found that if the request came from a doctor I have gotten an appointment in a reasonable length of time.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanx guys
still no luck with consultant:( . sorry so long getting back to you been ill and not done much. had migraine from **** just for a change:rolleyes: dont really know wot else to do but will go back to gp if no luck this week. hope youre all as well as you can be :)

·
4,445 Posts
Hi Angie.. not sure if you could access your consultant earlier privately on this occasion.... mine costs £150 just for consultation. IF you need bloods doing prior to visit maybe your GP would be happy to do that? It makes me cross because you shouldn't have to access your consultant this way when you are ill; however it is your health that is paramount and sometimes you have to find another way around it.... or you could ring his NHS secretary daily to see if any cancellations.. that should drive them mad and want you out the way!!!! not literally..:lol:.... keep pestering them and take care of yourself.
Claire X

·
mea
277 Posts
Hi Angie,sorry your having such a hard time getting in to see consultant.I would take Lazylegs advice and ask dr to intervene on your behalf as oftentimes request is taken more seriously comming from dr,doesn't say much for health care does it?

On the other hand I like claires answer too,bug the **** out of them so that they will have no choice but to accommidate you.Claire ,you go girl!

Hope things improve for you soon,mea

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi Angie, sorry you are suffering so much. If I am flaring badly, and I go to see my gp they phone the consultant and ask for an earlier appt. I have also in the past phoned the consultants secretary and asked for an earlier appt.

You could contact PALS and make a complaint, maybe that will speed things up, you can't be the only patient, not being seen quickly enough.

A private consultation is of course always an option.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.