The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Firstly a massive apology for being away for so long.

I've been running at a hundred miles an hour ever since my little one was born in May :)

Since then I've also been working hard whilst simultaneously setting up my own little video and photography business.

All of the business stuff meant I was in need of a more up-to-date computer (even though my old one was only 3 years old :rolleyes: ). So I was minus a computer for a few weeks hence no real access to the internet.

Since I last was here I've had some improvement in my SLE. Not great but a lot better :) My last rhumy appt was in August. I can't remember the exact figures but I was told my Anti DNA levels had gone down to about 49. ESR was about 26. And things generally were a lot better compared to this time last year.

I am still on 400mg of Plaquenil but am down to 1mg of pred, which I'm hoping to come off totally in the next couple of weeks.

I survived summer. In fact I was a lot better in the heat than I am now in the cold. I still get the occasional random joint aches but not as bad as previously. I'm getting mild chest pains/twinges, which I've been told may be costocondritis and that I shouldn't worry too much about these. But I will be chasing this up at my next rhumy appt in December.

I've been back to playing football a few times. Bar my level of fitness I survived without any major aches and pains - except when I went tumbling head first on to astro turf. That stuff is lethal :blush:

Last month I also had a surf trip and went in the water 3 times.

I hope you all are doing better. I've been reading about Benlysta and can't wait for it to get the full green light and for it to start flowing to everyone :) Although from what my rhumy said I may not be eligible for it due to the level of my SLE! I can't seem to figure that one out.

I had so much more to say but seem to have forgotten a lot of it :rolleyes: Old age I think (although I've never really had a good memory any way!).

I'll try to pop in here a lot more often now.

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi Surferboy, pleased to hear that you are doing so well. It is nice to hear some good news!!!!

Deb x

·
11,410 Posts
Hi Suferboy.

I am happy things are going well for you. :)

Little ones grow up fast, enjoy every minute.

Take care,
Lyn

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys, thanks for your replies.

I'm now hoping to get even better (still get mild joint pain and tiredness).

I'm also hoping to read some good news from you folk too :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.