TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im back!
new house, new computer, old pain. what joy!:p
i ve had a few weeks of not being achy all the time,visited friends and generally had the type of fun thats usual for someone my age:hehe: (27 btw) although i feel 72 today.

on the whole "what is wrong" front. the Dr is sticking to his fibro Dx, Physiotherapist says BJHS, the pain clinic consultant that i got referred to is saying neuropathic pain. when i ask the Dr if they all could be right he shrugs and give me more painkillers.

Meds im on at the mo.. diclofenec, amitryptline, co-codymol.
diclo gives me bad stomach cramps and STILL have breakthrough pain so ive stopped those.

the ami seems to have given up on its own.

co-codymol turns me into a zombie it makes all the neuro symptoms worse (dizzyness,memory blankness,the shakes and the tics) but the physical pain better.
which begs the question is it better to be physically pain free but mentally dulled or to be mentally fine and physically mashed? where is the happy medium im looking for? is it hiding at the bottom of a meds container i havent tried?

its times like now when the pain gets sooo bad i cant believe that i used to work in a nursery chasing 2yr olds all day. and that was only 2 years ago.

i struggle at work but cant go off ill cause i cant afford to live on benefits. plus the inactivity would drive me mad(der)
any advice on what to do now and some hugs would be very nice.

ta very muchly

·
Registered
149 Posts
(((((((((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))))))))))
Sorry, I can't do much more for you. I'm in a similar position. I keep swapping from rheum symptoms to neuro symptoms, on lots of pain killing drugs plus some for muscle spasm, but no diagnosis. It does make a difference if you can get meds right though. I tend to switch between zonking myself out for a week or so when pain gets too bad, to minimal meds when its not. I just keep going back to doctors as well when anything changes hoping that someday one of them will see something that makes sense to them and confirms a diagnosis.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
(((big hugs)))

Anyone who chased after 2 years olds for their job definitely deserves many hugs!

There are a lot of medication options to try that you aren't yet on... things like neurontin, Cymbalta, Lyrica can treat nerve and fibro pain in particular. Different ones work for different people. Lyrica is FDA approved for fibro pain even!

(((more hugs))) :)

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
:) Hi there, and welcome. I hate to tell you this, but I don't think that there is a happy medium. I do think that it is much better and safer to have our wits about us and to suffer a little pain, than to have our brain all foggy and wondering what it is that I am supposed to be doing. Don't waste time taking the drugs that are not working correctly for you. Call your Rheumy and let her know. You may not know, but getting the right cocktail of drugs is one of the hardest things to do, but it can be done. I do hope that you are writing down all your symptoms as they come and attack you? you need to do this and give the list to your dr. write down everything, including how the meds are affecting you, your dr. is not a mind reader. The best thing that you can do for yourself is to learn how to pace yourself. Like set the table for dinner and get the ingredients out, then sit for a few minutes. Then get up and do something else, and then rest, and so on, it will save you, believe me. Be well.:rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts