The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
this is my first post i am not diagnosed with lupus but it is on my short list of likely candidates as i am approaching diagnosis of something else!!:eek:
I have an appointment with rheumatologist in 3 weeks.
My symtoms include:

Type 1 diabetes
Hypothyroid
Chronic Joint Pain
Joint Swelling
Raynauds Syndrome
Gastro intestinal reflux
I think i do have the rash on my cheeks but also do have lots of thread veins, am not deifnate about this
Also had pleurisy twice before last time was just two weeks ago
Kidney Infections
Allergies to house hold dust and hayfever
Also was just diagnosed with leukoplasia which is an oral kind of eczema which i need to have biopsyed. I found out that this is also an occuring symtom of SLE.

I have had te ANA back in October last yr which was a low level positive speckled but all other anitbodies were clear at that time. Am alot worse since i had that test and know the rheumatolist recommended to my endocrinologist that it be repeated in 6 mths.

I am also concerned about systemic scleroderma.
I am only 30yrs and am mum of 5 my youngest is just 9 mths so life has been very difficult whilst being unwell. I am very lucky as my gp has been really good and supportive.

Hope everyone on here manages to try and stay positive as regardless of the diagnosis that is all we can do.
Take care all and lots of luck.:)

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello cad and welcome :)

I'd just like to welcome you here and hope your appointment goes well in 3 weeks time.

Having a supportive GP is extremely important and it's great that yours is.

bye for now,
Katharine

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Katharine,
Thanks for welcoming me, the site looks really interesting and a good source of info and support.

Thanks for the best wishes.

cad:)

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Hi cad and welcome to the site you will get a lot of support from all some of us have had postive results for lupus and some of us are told one thing then see a new doctor tells us diffrent iwas told i had it then when i was at the rhumy he said he was not sure but he did all my bloods and xrays so it is waiting game again hope you feel better soon and remember to keep a note of all your symtoms expecialy your worst day what age are your children hope to speak to you again best wishes to you and your family elizabeth:)

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Elisabeth,
I am in th uk too.
How long do you have to wait for your test results? The waiting game is the really hard part, not knowing and not being able to start any treatment or really know how to take care of yourself cause you don't know whats wrong:mad:
I am already taking prednisolone which has done nothing for my joints and started on tramadol 3 times a day yesterday aswell as all the other tablets i have to take. I just can't wait for my appointment now, my gp said if my pain continues like this then he would see if he could get the appointment moved forward a bit!
My children are 12yrs, 11yrs, 5yrs 3yrs and 9 mths. They are all really great kids and are what has kept me going. I just keep thinking that i truly am glad that its me going through all these things and atleast they are all healthy, that is a good consolation.
Does the new baby bit at the bottom of your post mean that you have a new baby, if so how old?
All the best to everyone.:)
Take Care.
Cassie.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Taree,
Thanks, nice to meet you.Yes the kids are lovely, i am very lucky!!

Take Care
Cassie:)

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Cad, maybe we will meet in Chat some time.
It is lovely that you have so many children, but I guess you must worry about coping with them when you feel awful. I was not so bad when mine were young. They are now 20 and 17. The 17 year old has Lupus. The 20 year old is just hoping to rent his first flat so I am frantically collecting Household bits for him. He has a serious girlfriend who I get on well with.

x Lola

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi All,
Thanks Karly and Lola.
Karly- your nieces look so sweet!!
Lola- sorry to hear your son has lupus. It is hard having the kids when you just feel like collapsing in a heap, but atleast as i said before i keeps you going and life has to go on for them!!
Good luck with sorting out your sons flat!
Cassie.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts