The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
soulfly
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my hair is driving me crazy......i feel like i barly have any left.Im not sure exaxtly how much hair i have lost but its like atleast half as thick as it used to be.It falls out all the time strand by strand im loosing my hair.Now matter what i do my hair is so damaged and the top layer of my hair is broke off almost only leaving a few inches at the top!!!!

i just got diagnosed with lupus is this gonna get any better?
will the medicines make it worse?
what kinds of things have you guys used for your hair?

they say lupus is invisible but for me you can see mine.....my rashes and my hair and the bags under my eyes say it all!

·
Registered
4 Posts
First of all relax and take deep breaths. Stress is one of the main causes of hair loss. Our diet is the one of the main causes of dry, brittle, breaking hair.
Prescribed medicine affects everyone in diffrent ways, so hair loss could play a factor. A varied whole food diet along with a good multi-mineral- vitamin, will assist, along with some kind of stress reduction therapy.

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
Most of us have had problems with our hair at one point or another. Once the disease is back under control my hair has always grown back. In fact it is thicker now than ever and curly instead of straight.

My hair broke off like yours did. I took the plunge and had it cut short and wore it that way for a couple of years. I wasn't sure what would happen when I tried to grow it longer, but it is now shoulder length and I am having only normal breakage.

There have been quite a few threads on this same subject in the "Looking Good, Feeling Better" forum. You should read back posts to get some suggestions from others who were in a similar situation.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi, when my hair loss was at its worst, I had bald patches on my head. I also had mine cut quite short and it helped. It was easier to manage and easier to keep in good condition. Now I am on meds the hair loss isn't so much of a problem and my hair is a bit longer and as thick as it ever was.

Keep positive it will get better.

Deb

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.