The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!!!

My name is Julia and I'm 18 years old from London.
Well I have sort of been diagnosed with Lupus and that was last year in August. They told me that it was drug-induced Lupus from the medication Oxytetracycline (used to treat acne). So I stopped taking that and they said it should get better and to come back in 6 months for a check up....unfortunately it has not got better, in fact its got worse so now they are putting me on Lupus medication (which I can't remember the name of right now) as they think I could have the full SLE. To make it worse, I'm a Bellydancer as my family are Arabic so I'm finding it hard to do any form of dance due to chronic knee pain. AND I also have another condition called Polycystic ovarian syndrome, which I suffer quite severely from.....my luck huh? lol

It's nice to have somewhere to discuss how I'm feeling with people who actually understand what I'm going through!

Take care xxx

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Jules and welcome!!

I'm sorry to hear that you have had such a tough time of it recently.

It's good that you have started on medication. I presume plaquenil? which is the baseline drug for treating lupus. If that's the case you need to bear in mind that it does take quite a while for the medication to start working, often between 6 months and a year. If necessary your rheumy can add other meds to the combination to help you until it does begin to work so if you're not doing well you should always make sure they know that nd not suffer in silence.

It's a pity about the dancing. A lot of us have problems with activities like that at times. I usually do aikido and ride horses but haven't been able to for a while. Hopefully with time and the right med combination I'll be able to get back to it.

bye for now,
Katharine

1 - 2 of 2 Posts