The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hello as I just joined this site today.

I had a shock last week when GP said she thinks I have Lupus!

I have had all types of symptoms that I kept going back to GP for and she now thinks they are Lupus so I have had all types of tests and off to Rhumy tomorrow so hopefully get some help.

I have had the Butterfly rash, achy swollen joints, migraines, Brain Fog, Mood Swings, Memory problems, Fevers, water blisters on feet & hands, the list goes on.
Anyway glad to find this site

·
Registered
368 Posts
:welcome: to this site! Sorry to hear that you may have lupus. Good luck at rheumy's tomorrow. You will find alot of support and info here. Join us in chat! Cathy

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello JM and welcome,

I'm sorry to hear what brings you here but happy to hear that you have a rheumy appointment coming up so soon. I hope that goes well for you.

Have you written down a list of your symptoms to go to the rheumy with? And if you have any photos of any rashes that you have had, that can be helpful too.

It is obviously a shock when the GP mentions something like lupus but if it is that, then at least you will have a diagnosis and a reason for why you have been feeling so bad. Diagnosis can often take a long time, and it can be quite a relief to finally know what's wrong.

Treatment options today are far better than they used to be and with the right combination of meds most people get a lot of relief from their symptoms even if it can take time to get there.

This site is a very good place for information, support and advice and we will all be happy to try and answer any questions you may have.

There is also a great chat room here if ever you feel the need to talk to someone in real time. If there is no-one in there you can go in and wait a bit, someone should come and join you pretty fast :)

bye for now,
Katharine

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Dear JM,

Welcome to the Lupus Site. I hope that your appointment went/goes well today. It is rare to get a diagnosis on our first appointment and many rheumatologists want their own labs to run the blood tests. So if the rheumy had more blood drawn today don't be discouraged.

Lupus is a very treatable disease these days. Most patients are able to return to most of their activities once the lupus gets under control. The biggest adjustment is limiting sun exposure and with the malar rash that is what a doctor will most likely tell you.

Please feel free to ask questions and we will answer from our own experience.

Take care,
Karen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts