The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Stan, I have known of my Lupus for many years, not really handicap, but a real humbling experience for me. I'm glad I can finally talk to others who understand.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
A warm welcome to you Stan ! :)

Yes, having lupus is often a very lonely experience even if it isn't actually isolating from normal life activities, leisure and work contacts. It's real boost to the morale to know that other people really do exist who have similar problems.
There's a wealth of understanding and information here, tips on how to live as well as possible and who knows, maybe ideas for treatment that could make a big difference.

'Humbling' is an insightful and very interesting word to use. I am certainly humbled when I see what so many people endure. But I have also experienced humiliation because of it, perhaps because my main lupus symptom is very visible.

Bye for now !

Clare

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Stan and welcome to the boards!!

I hope you find this site as useful and supportive as I have.

Lupus is indeed humbling. It suddenly makes us realise that certain things are just not as important as we used to think they were. It has also made me realise that life shouldn't be taken too seriously at all :)

hope to speak soon,
Katharine

·
Registered
1,563 Posts

Stan

I am sure glad you found the sight also.I sure hope we can help you to feel liek you are a part of our big family here and answer any questions you might have.It sure is a very lonely disease for sure or could be but i am sure glad i found this place as it helps me to feel like i am not alone:) Hope to chat with you soon.

Tammy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts