The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone
Just a quick hello to introudce myself to you all.

My name is Jules and I am married and have beautful identical twin girls

I have been having problems for the last 18 months or so. My first lupus test came back clear but now the doc has said that she wants to do another one after I am getting no better and have had huge problems caused by the sun this last week or so. I have just had a skin biopsy too so I am waiting for the results now of that and new blood tests

Not sure what else to say but I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself

Love
Jules
XXX

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hi Jules,

WELCOME!! to the site.

I hope you find it as helpful here as i have for the past 2 yrs.

Sorry t her of your illness,, I hope they find out what exactly it is so they can give some kind of relief.

In our case, this is always a hard thing to diagnose for doctors. The symptoms could mean a lot of things. But it sounds like you have a good doctor working on your behalf.
You can message me at anytime or we can chat on chat board if you would like to talk.

Good Luck
Take Care

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jules

I think you will find it a great help to getting a better understanding about what you are going through as well as feed back about the proposed meds. There is also a wealth of experienced understanding of the human and relationship difficulties that people with chronic conditions have to deal with.

Obviously you need to stay out of the sun as much as possible and protect yourself as fully as possible if you have to be exposed to it. This is important because UV exposure can cause unseen worsening systemic disease in addition to making you feel bad and affecting the skin. This is one of the therapeutic needs that we ourselves are entirely responsible for.

Bye for now :)

Clare

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello Jules,
I am very sun sensitive too. I am sorry you feel so bad. I hope you get good help from the Docs.

If it is Lupus you will soon learn to cope.
If you need travel, life or health insurance Lupus can be a problem, so sort them now if appropriae before a diagnosis is made. (Hope you don't think I'm being nosey,but I am uninsurable and unmortgageable and could have done with this advice myself.)
xLola

1 - 4 of 4 Posts