The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm Sandee. I have had autoimmune issues for many years (Hashimoto's, vitiligo, psoriatic arthritis, fibromyalgia, Reynauds). I was just diagnosed with lupus 2 months ago after developing what looked like giant hives on my face and neck, with swollen peeling skin and lips that persisted for not than 7 weeks. Very deep, intense itching only under my chin. I got 5 cold soles in six months. My general doctor, my rheumatologist and my endocrinologist all said it looked like an allergic reaction. My rheumatologist did however refer me to a dermatologist at my request. He did a punch biopsy and some bloodwork and diagnosed me with lupus. So, I am allergic to the sun. Sheer Zinc from Neutrogena on my face and neck everyday whether I am indoors or out. Topical steroids directly to swelling areas. I now have developed a low grade fever and only my lips have swelled and have started to peel. Has anyone else had just the lips swell and start to peel?

·
11,408 Posts
Hi SPanse and welcome.

Yes the sun and indoor lights can cause us harm. Even shopping centers, stores etc. can.
Here is link that explains about sun and lights.
http://thelupussite.com/forum/index...ticle-on-sun-sensitivity-and-awareness.19663/

I haven't had trouble with my lips so far. You never know when lupus will show it's ugly head and start something.
I like Sheer Zinc too. No chemicals in it.
Take care,
Lyn

·
Administrator
7,566 Posts
Hi and welcome. I find that unless that I use an Spf lip balm then my lips blister in the sun in the summer and winter. My lips get very dry so I always have to use a lip balm, now I use a spf one usually a spf 30. Pharmacies and sports shops sell them.

Reactions: SPanse
1 - 3 of 3 Posts