The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

My name is Tracy and I am 28 years old. I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis almost 4 years ago after my daughter was born. My condition worsened and I was put on a cocktail of drugs. I have been on Methotrexate for almost a year now.

I visited my rheumatologist today and was told I don't have RA and it is looking more and more likey that I have Lupus.

I have heard of the disease before but never really knew what it was. So I googled it and was directed to this site which has given me a great insight.

I have got to stay on all my old medication but I have been given sme new meds to start today. I can't remember what they are called, Hydro something I think.

I will go back to the rheumy in 3 months and we'll take it from there I suppose.

I'm not sure how I fel at the moment. It took me quite a while to come to terms with the fact I had RA, now i've been told I haven't i'm a bit muddled.

Anyway.... Sorry for rambling on and on. I thought I would introduce myself.

I look forward to getting to know you all and learning more about this condition.

Tracy xxx:)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi Tracey,
Glad youve found this site it can be such a help.
I too was diagnosed with RA over 10 years ago. Last year I was diagnosed with Lupus and Fibromyalgia. I know how you feel it is a shock and you are not sure if you are pleased or not. One of the good points is you dont get the joint damage that you will get if you have RA.
I had a good few years of remission over those 10 years so its not all bad I suppose.
Hope things go better for you now you are properly diagnosed and can get the right medication.
There is a great source of information and support on here.
Good luck,
Sal x

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hi Tracey and :welcome:

You've come to the right place for information and support and we're a pretty friendly bunch too. :lol:

You really must feel all over the place at the moment, dealing with one diagnosis then potentially another one. Do you know what blood tests they have carried out?

The drug that you have been prescribed is most likely Hydroxychloroquine also known as Plaquinel. Alot of the members here use it and for me personally it has been a life saver. Be patient as it can take a few months to kick in fully - for me it was 9 months but others have felt the benefits after 3 months.

Do you have any other symptoms apart from joint pain? It's good that you are going back to the rheumy in 3 months. Let's hope you are on the right track to felling better.

I look forward to getting to know you.

Hugz, :hug:

Pam xxx

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Tracy, Welcome here. Don't worry about Lupus being a new thing to you, you will learn very quickly about your body and how to manage your lupus. We are all here to help.
x Lola

1 - 4 of 4 Posts