The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Linda
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone - I've been on holiday to Dominican Republic, had a fairly good time (fainting & breathing problems aside) - even managed a little diving, which was so relaxing, and I think did me the world of good!

Anyway - before I went away, I was having a bit of a tussle with BUPA, about whether they would pay for the blood tests/diagnostics etc that Dr Edwards at LLC was advocating - so that I can get the right treatment.

Their argument is that they don't cover chronic conditions - I argued that they state in their policy that the DO cover acute flares (doh!!! what is a lupus flare, if it isn;t acute).

So - I got my GP to write saying that once they've decided on the treatment, he will treat me on NHS - and tonight, about 40 mins ago, I had a phone call from them saying YEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!

I'm so happy - it means so much that I can get the appropriate treatment faster, as I've been off work for 2 months now.

Sorry to anyone without private healthcare, who might think I'm gloating - I do know I'm lucky, and in many ways private health care goes against the grain, but I want to be back at work, and feeling well again! I wish I had a magic wand to wave on all of you :) Forgive my 5 minutes of selfishness.

Hope you've all been ok whilst I was on hols?

Lxx

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Linda Mo,
I am delighted for you. In a perfect world none of us would need Private treatment, but like you there have been some times when I have needed it for myself or one of the family. I have been very grateful for it and also resorted to Private Physio (self paid) when the NHS Physios lost interest. I found the private Physio offered me so many more options.
It is good that this has gone the right way for you, Enjoy the moment.
x Lola

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
HI Linda

Well done on standing your ground and arguing your case with the insurance company.

I dont think you are gloating at all. Sharing this kind of information might just help others in the same situation who felt there was no point in pushing it any further. ;)

Glad you had a great holiday and best of luck with the treatment. Let us know how its going.

Take good care
Joan:rose:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts