TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im Kristen 25 a 2 yr old son and a 6 wk old son. Im also awaiting results of my ANA test, im very scared. Out of nowhere i had terrible pain in my entire body and a pink rash spread through my face down my chest and into my arms.. Im on alot of medication righ tnow but still feel sunburnt all over. My pain meds dont even put a dent in the pain. How did your results come out???

Im so worried of what the future might hold if i do have lupus. I dont understand how i could be fine one day and the next everything in my body goes crazy. I want to see my boys grow up and get married and im so tangled in my own pains and anxiety i cant even care for my newborn.

I wish you the best and pray for everyone on this site!

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello and :welcome:

I jut found this post lost in someone else's thread so I have moved it here so that people can get to know you and say hi :)

Through reading the site you will see that many of us have children here, many have had children after diagnosis and many are "getting on a bit" :lol: (I'll get my butt kicked for that) and have grandchildren. Lupus can sound scary but even for the more severely affected is not the end of the world. Treatment is far better than it used to be and docs are more aware.

You also need to bear in mind that many people with lupus go back to living pretty much normal lives once their treatment kicks in. You will see that a lot of people here are like yourself, "not yet diagnosed" or "newly diagnosed" and then there are the rarer more severely affected. Lupus is not a particularly rare disease and so many people that have it simply don't have time to come here and post.

Getting suitable treatment will considerably change quality of life and also lessen the severity of the disease. All that of course IF you do have lupus.

Let us know how your upcoming appointment goes :)

hugs :hug:

Katharine

·
Registered
42 Posts
I wish you lots of luck. I have had joint pain, rashes etc for last 9 years, and still not fully diagnosed. I have 2 children, now 10 and 13. Just take each day as it comes. They will not all be bad days, and you really appeciate the few good ones inbetween! Thinking of you, and to let you now, you have come to the right place for moral support.

·
Registered
467 Posts
:wavesmile:greetings and salutations

:welcome:

welcome to the sand box. sorry to hear that you are feeling so bad and scared at the moment.
the feeling good one day and then feel like crap the next is exactly what lupus does. the real key is first get a good doctor and treatment plan, and most importantly listen to your body. like most of us when we have a good day we tend to over do it and make up for the next few days. so its best to pace yourself and not over do it.
don't worry too much about the future, they've made great strides with lupus and it treatments it just takes a while to figure it all out. be kind to yourself and enjoy the times when you are feeling well. take naps when the kids do, which of coarse every new mom should do, :).

try not to fret, and feel better, we are always here to help and support you...

:foryou:
hugs and kisses

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Kristen,
Hi and welcome to the site. It will be okay. Take a deep breath and try and relax, I do know it is hard to do. I have had sle for 17 years and there is always hope. You must of been surfing the net and read the scary stuff that is on here. Yes, I will not tell you that things will be the same but You can watch your children do everything that you want them to do, but you will have to listen to your body and watch the time in the sun along with stress. Just take one day at a time and do what you can do and not what you should be doing. I do hope you start to feel better soon and I do hope you will join us in chat sometime.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts