The Lupus Forum banner

Hello new here today

719 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  LolaLola 
#1 ·
Hello everyone decided to join this site today
I was diagnosed with lupus nearly 15 years ago.I live in Milton keynes uk.
I worked for 12 years at the local security office and they medically retired me.I also have the start of osteoporosis due to early hysterectomy.I am going mad at home and would love to get back into work but who wants to employ someone who has so much time off sick and I am so restricted to what I can do.Does anyone else have this problem
patsy

#2 ·
Hello Patsy and a warm welcome to the site,

I'm sorry to hear that you have had to be medically retired and are going mad at home - I think many of us do to some extent or the other.

I have been off work now for the past six months but hope I will be able to get back. Luckliy I work for myself and can arrange to do quite a lot of work from home, so, so long as my brain doesn't continue to let me down (I do translations and teach people English in compaines) it should work out :)

Being self employed in Belgium is not a particularly easy option but I do often wonder what job I could do as standing or sitting for any length of time are a real problem, never mind the fatigue. At least working from home I can organise my work position and time as I wish. If I have a headache again, I can have a nap and do the work in the evening or whenever I feel better.

I hope you enjoy being here with us on this site. It is a friendly place and has given me tremendous support,

speak soon,
Katharine

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum Patsy !

I hope you'll find it very helpful in every way. Maybe you will realise that there are treatments your doctors haven't mentioned. Having lupus is lonely and can also be physically isolating. Probably most people have work difficulties. As it happens I have never worked so I can only be sympathetic by imagining the great frustration. It is at least a great boost to the morale to be with people who understand

You might get more response about work problems by posting about it on the Living with Lupus Section

Bye for now

Clare

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.