The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, sorry not really a reply just a query !!I have only today joined this site and am totally impressed!!but have no clue as to how to put my own post up!!i have lots of questions and would love to chat to other sle sufferers. Sorry for the invasion i hope you dont mind x Teresajane

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
hello Teresa and :welcome:

I have moved your post here to the introductions section.

To start your own thread - Go to the section you want (in this case "introduce yourself") and click on the button "new thread" - it's as easy as that :)

I hope you enjoy being here, bye for now,

Katharine

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the site!

I hope you will find yourself at home here...ask away with questions!

Do you have SLE?

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site, you have come to the best place to ask questions. Everyone is very friendly and knowlegeable about lupus. Join us in chat sometime.

Take care

Deb

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Theresa and welcome to the site.

You will find a lot of support and knowledge here from a great group of people.

I am glad you found us here and join us in the chat room sometime.:wink2:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hello, and welcome to the site!

I look forward to learning about you. I hope we can help you, and be a friend to you, as well as a comfort during times, when your feeling ill, or sad.

Love,
Sandy

·
Premium Member
11,410 Posts
Hi Theresa,:wavesmile:

Welcome to the lupus site. It is nice to meet you.

It took awhile for me to navigate around the site. You are doing fine.:)

Do you have lupus or someone who knows a person with lupus, or are you on that sometimes long road of getting a diagnoses?

Take care,
Lyn

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Everyone!

Thanks for all the lovely messages i already feel very welcome! I do have sle and was diagnosed 3 years ago but must be honest have been living in denial i think,silly now i know.After a visit to my gp after quite a few bad weeks he sat me down and really explained(in simple english!)that i really do need to think of myself for a change!!It was him who recomended me to this site already i am very grateful lol.
This site is so informative and i have already learnt such a lot,i think reading some of your stories has made me open my eyes THANKS

Teresajane :)

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi again Teresajane,

Denial can indeed be a comfortable place for a while but we do all need to come out of it at some stage or another and that's not always that easy to do :hug:

It is so lovely to know that there are good docs out there that know about places like this :)

I was recommended here by my best friend who is a doc (albeit a psychiatrist) and my rheumy knows I come here and thinks it is very good to do so.

Katharine

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Katharine!

A bit more about myself.....
I am 50 no longer working and as said before have been diagnosed ffor 3 years although it did take 3 years to diagnose!!!I have also developed epilepsy along side sle! which has greatly changed the way i live.My family on the whole are very supportive although i dont think they really understand that i cannot do as much as i use to.I have three children and four grandchildren all of whom i adore!
My family doctor is very good at understanding how i feel as is my rheumy nurse although i cant say the same for my rheumy consultant!!!as i have read on hear i am not the only one!
Just one question.. I have quite e few days where i feel absolutely dire!!! feeling sick,aching all over,temp up and down unable to walk and only feeling like going to sleep! is this quite normal???

thanxs again
Teresajanexx

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
Hi Teressajane,

Welcome to the site.

Those dire days are all too familiar. Mine usually come after I have done too much the previous day. Usually a few days of rest will turn things around, if not a visit to the doctor is in order.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for that lazylegs! i am glad im not the only one who has these terrible days!! My doc says it could sometimes be down to a slight infection any where in my body and i must say the last faze of bad days coinsided with an infection in my eye!! interesting lol.:rotf
Teresajane x

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.